Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

I'm trying to make a safe that is only unlocked with a keypad.

I figured the best way to do it is to have two global variables parallel to eachother. One goes up every time a key is pressed, and the other only goes up if the keys are pushed in the right order. That way when when the enter button is pushed, it will only unlock if the sequence of buttons have been pressed in the correct order, and only a certain number of times. Pressing enter will reset the variables to 0 if the variables do not match.

Is there a better way to do this?

Also, How do I change a variable's value relatively instead of absolute?

That method should work fine, although if you really wanted to you could probably condense that to one variable. For the sake of making the method easy to follow, however, it's probably better to keep them separate.

In order to change the value of a variable relative to its current value, you should use that variable in its own "set" command. For example, the following code will increment the value of "iCount" by 1:

set iCount to iCount + 1

Cipscis

Thanks.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, that makes more sense. When you said "camera" I automatically thought of VATS cameras because I've been hearing a bit about them lately.

Although the console command ToggleFlyCam can be used to manipulate the camera independently of the player in order to record movies, it can't be controlled via script. The only thing that I can think of would be to use a 1st person animation to control the 1st person camera, much like how the birth scene at the very beginning of the game is done. A possible downside to this is that the cutscene can't be viewed in 3rd person, but I suppose that won't necessarily be a problem.

Unfortunately, I haven't the faintest idea how to make 1st person animations, although I get the feeling that camera manipulation is probably one of the simpler things that you can do.

Cipscis

Oh, that makes more sense. When you said "camera" I automatically thought of VATS cameras because I've been hearing a bit about them lately.

Although the console command ToggleFlyCam can be used to manipulate the camera independently of the player in order to record movies, it can't be controlled via script. The only thing that I can think of would be to use a 1st person animation to control the 1st person camera, much like how the birth scene at the very beginning of the game is done. A possible downside to this is that the cutscene can't be viewed in 3rd person, but I suppose that won't necessarily be a problem.

Unfortunately, I haven't the faintest idea how to make 1st person animations, although I get the feeling that camera manipulation is probably one of the simpler things that you can do.

Cipscis

I think you posted in the wrong thread.

Cipscis

I did not thought that it would be such a complex act, since F3 is stuffed with camera code. I'm going to start a thread and gather some opinions & suggestions. Thx Cipscis.

Another question, I followed this tutorial in order to create a Vendor, I also opted to to activate him through the intercom. This all works however his inventory is always empty and it never respawns or fills. Any reason why it might not?

HELP! How do i enable The Fo3Edit master Update Option on The Fo3MasterUpdate Utility found here: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=637

It has instructions on hpw to do it but hell I dont understand them... I dunno.... usually I understand techno Babble to a degree but this is beyond me...

I have the latest 2.5.2 Version.

It stats too ways to run MasterUpdate mod, number 1

rename fo3edit.exe to fo3masterupdate.exe

OR

create a shortcut to fo3edit.exe and in field marked Target, right after the address which is something like "C:\Program Files\Fallout 3\FO3edit.exe" add in -masterupdate

How do i use a model and retain the first person view without the mod?

so im trying to extract a model from a mod both first and 3rd person views and use them in another mod that would not be compatable otherwise

Im using geck thats it im a newbie

I have a smaller issue about that the NPC I have created do not wear the armors or weapons that I've been giving them in Geck.

Well, they wear them in the Geck, but in-game they end up wearing nothing. I can't put my finger of why they don't wear their items in-game

any ideas of why they don't?