Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to create a weapon for pure giggles I'd like to call the "Nukebat" in the GECK... it basically does as it is named. I want it so that when I attack someone upon impact (Or around that time frame) it sets off a nuclear detonation. I have tried switching ammo, skills needed, I even took the MIRV and modded the first person model and attack type, keeping mostly everything else; the only effect I got was I swung slower and killed people in one hit... but no explosion or Rads.

FYI I want it so that I still swing and it blows up, not just a baseball bat floating in the air :P

Any help is appreciated

thanks for the replys

but that does seem a bit out of my league, since my real priority is spending more time working on my 3d models and scripts tend to confuse me....

but I do have one last question

Lets say I have a Commpanion NPC that uses the Type 3 Alice body type, and I make a couple of custom outfits for her. Could I somehow lock it so she can only wear those set outfits, and nothing else, and so that there is absolutly no way the Player Character could trade her for those outfits or accuire them in any way

I'm trying to create a weapon for pure giggles I'd like to call the "Nukebat" in the GECK... it basically does as it is named. I want it so that when I attack someone upon impact (Or around that time frame) it sets off a nuclear detonation. I have tried switching ammo, skills needed, I even took the MIRV and modded the first person model and attack type, keeping mostly everything else; the only effect I got was I swung slower and killed people in one hit... but no explosion or Rads.

FYI I want it so that I still swing and it blows up, not just a baseball bat floating in the air :P

Any help is appreciated

You could try enchanting the weapon with a scripted Magic Effect that uses PlaceAtMe to "summon" the explosion. However, the caveat is that YOU will take damage from the explosion due to your proximity (based on my own experimentation, anyway). Basically, it'd be like you shot a Mini Nuke at your feet. I've done something similar with a custom Power Fist (I called it Knuckle Bomber) that has a tweaked explosion effect that does everything a normal explosion does but without the damage. The explosion damage is simulated by the weapon's attack power and additional effects on the weapon enchant. You could duplicate the explosion used by Mini Nukes, zero the damage but leave the rads. You can then experiment from there and see what effects you can add to get the desired effect.

I'd like to know if the following is possible to create:

A weapon that has a different damage when it hits you, as opposed to NPCs (think Rockets that do not do self-damage)

A weapon that pushes you up in the air when you fire it (preferably only while Airborne)

A weapon that pushes away NPCs and deflects projectiles, like rockets and grenades

A weapon that detects from where the opponent is struck (I want it to have a special effect when you hit the NPC's back)

Is any of these possible, and if yes, how hard will it be to create them?

ok, you know how when you click on a mod in FOMM or in the GECK data window it shows the Author and a short description of the mod

where do I go to put in the information?

You can do that in FO3Edit, but if you use FO3Plugin (Edit Description) you can use multiple lines in the description.

I think this goes here.

My problem is that no mods work, I've activated them in fomm and the launcher but nothing happens in-game, help?

No, this is a thread for questions about creating mods, not using them. You should create a new thread in this forum: http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showforum=288

You should probably be more specific and include some more details to be able to get any help as well.