Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@EMH:

I still can't think of any reason why your explosion won't be appearing. I've had a look at the setup for the Megaton Nuke explosion, but I can't find anything out of the ordinary in the explosion, X-Marker or script. As a wild guess, are you sure the the explosion isn't blocked by an occlusion plane or something?

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb147/Mr_Cooleo/AltonProblem.png

As you can see, nothing blocking it. Nothing to block my view, it's not even that far away :confused: . But when you get close enough, the entire explosion fades into view just like it doesn't have LOD.

Ok so I have some turrets that are members of the "ARAWturretfaction" I also have a script that before the player enter the same cell as the turrets it adds the player to the faction. The turrets do not fire upon the player but they still show up as hostile on the radar. What have I done wrong?

Ok so I have another question, how do I mark a map maker so that it shows up on the pipboy map as a destination. Or putting the question better how do I make the pipboy draw a line to my map marker?

PS: My last question is still puzzling me.

Evening all, just a small issue. [Hidden] is not showing up on my UI anymore while crouching. I can't tell if this is due to an adjustment made by either Darn's Ui mod or perhaps FWE.. my question is simply, where do i find the xml (assuming) that i can correct this error? And preferably what value would go in the field to make sure it shows up? Ive scoured my current xmls for clues but have only found one with even a mention to what COULD be a stealth indicator (Hud_Main_Menu.xml) and it shows this value already... "<_SneakVisible> &false; <_SneakVisible>". Even after making it "true", no dice.

Thanks in advance for the help.

@Warll:

Are you talking about a "location marker" or a "quest target"? For a location marker, you need to "MapMarker" (a hard-coded static), and for a quest target you need to set a specific reference as a "target ref" of a particular quest objective.

I'm not entirely sure what the problem might be with your turrets, but perhaps you should set the PlayerFaction to be allied with the turret faction via SetAlly.

@nk911ea:

From the OP:

Don't...

• ask questions about using mods - this thread is for answering questions about creating mods

From the readme of FWE:
The sneak messages (i.e. detected, caution, hidden) are removed from head's up display, making sneaking more challenging. Use your compass to assess when enemies are moving more to search for you.
Personally, I've removed these messages via DarN's configuration XML file, but I assume that FWE does this in a different manner. I recommend that you take a look at the included XML files and see how they differ from the vanilla ones. To make it easy to compare the files, you might try using a program such as Compare It! (free, 1.7Mb - Direct Download).

Cipscis

EDIT:

@EMH:

If you haven't already, try using the same explosion as is used for the Megaton Nuke, as this should definitely be visible at a distance. If that works, then I'd recommend re-creating your explosion by copying the Megaton Nuke and changing the model. If that prevents it from showing, then the problem will be something to do with the model itself.

Cipscis

It's true that the MegatonNuke explosion is only properly visible from one direction, due to the fact that it has a bit of a backdrop (probably to help with HDR or something), but you should still be able to see the smoke at least from the wrong direction. If you can see it properly when you move closer, then that would also indicate that you're viewing it from the correct side.

If you play with the sliders in your settings menu, does it change the distance at which the explosion becomes visible?

Cipscis