Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, something simple like that might just work. Especially LOD Settings, I'll try it and report back.

Nevermind. I slid them all up to the highest they would go, and still no explosion. I looked around the Detonator script, and couldn't find anything related to LOD or view distance. Oh, and how do you create a new topic? I'm making a voice holotape, and I'm clueless when it comes to dialogue.

how do i make an esp dependant on another esp while also able to edit it in GECK

im able to add dependency using FO3edit but when im using GECK to edit the file and

save it the esp dependency is gone and the changes were useless.

what im trying to do is changing some companion loadouts to the Weapon Mod Kits weapons

which requires 2 esps: WeaponModKits.esp and WeaponModKits-FOOK.esp but i guess

GECK isn't too happy about files depending on esp.

so any ideas on how to make a file depandant on esp and still able to edit it in GECK?

@EMH:

Yeah, the first thing I did was have a look at the setup for that scene, and like I said before I couldn't find anything that seemed related to LOD:

I've had a look at the setup for the Megaton Nuke explosion, but I can't find anything out of the ordinary in the explosion, X-Marker or script.
Some other thoughts I had were that the cells might be somehow connected, but I haven't been able to see anything along those lines.

@zhangweizheng3:

The method of causing one plugin file to be dependent on another is known as mod de-isolation. It consists of using a tool such as FO3Edit to convert the "master" plugin file into a master file (without changing the file's name or extension), then editing the "patch" file in the GECK with the "master" file loaded, then once you've finished creating the "patch" file using FO3Edit to convert the "master" file back to a plugin file.

The basic concept behind this is that the GECK won't let plugin files be dependent on other plugin files, but the game engine itself actually has no problem with it.

Cipscis

Hmm, maybe. It's crazy how something so simple can become so complicated. Well, now that I think about it, I'm having more problems with LOD in this worldspace. The LOD textures look like blue static... maybe its an LOD glitch?

Edit- here's a pic-

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/MrCooleo/Computers/screenshot0.png

I suppose that's possible, but I wouldn't know - I don't have any experience with LOD or world building. I don't know if there are many people on these forums that are familiar with that sort of thing, but I know there are a few over on the official GECK forum, perhaps it would be worth creating a thread there?

Cipscis