Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

try using this in the console

setGS fVATSShotLongBurstTime XXX

the default is 1.75 which I think is the seconds, ergo more seconds passed longer burst?

Test it out and see if that'll work.

There is also setGS fVATSShotBurstTime xxx (default: 0.43)

//Edit\\

I have my own question again.

How do quests work exactly?

Basically I want my quest to start if the player has the Mysterious Stranger perk

scn IDMSStartScript

Begin GameMode

if GetQuestRunning IDMS == 0
if player.HasPerk 031DBC == 1
	StartQuest IDMS
endif
endif

end

That should get it to start.

But now I'm confused as to what it actually starts. Does it skip to the first QuestStage? (which for me is index 1)

If it does go to that stage, then I want it to go to the next stage if a GetPCMiscStat is also above 1. However when I try to do it from Quest Objectives it requires a "Cell" in order to work. My question is how can I set this condition to the objective without the "Cell"

@lilgamefreek:

Although I haven't tested this myself, I think the number of projectiles fired in a burst in VATS mode is controlled by the weapon's Fire Rate and the GameSetting that Cerepol mentioned - "fVATSShotLongBurstTime". I believe the formula may be as follows:

Number of shots = Fire Rate / fVATSShotLongBurstTime

@Cerepol:

When a quest starts, its stage is set to 0 but that stage's result script is not run. Quest Objectives, as far as I know, control the stuff that displays in your pip-boy and quest markers on the map, so that's probably not what you're looking for. If you want to change the stage of a quest, you're going to need to do that by calling SetStage via script.

When a quest first starts running, this results in its script beginning to run, so you'll want to include whatever code you want to run when it's set up either here or where you're calling StartQuest.

Cipscis

How can I check to see if a player has read a specific note?

As in "read it" or recieved it. Notes don't have a way to track if they have been read that I can find. You can just assume they have read it after you checked that they do have it with GetHasNote >_>

Bethesda was somehow able to accomplish it for The Replicated Man. The stage 3 objective isn't displayed until after you actually listen to one of the holotapes.

I just can't figure out how they did it. I'm guessing maybe it only works with audio notes.

That's correct, you can only check if a player has "read" a note with audio notes. This is done via dialogue result scripts. For an example of this, have a look at "MS01Note1Medical", which uses the dialogue topic "MS08Note1MedicalAudio", stored in the quest "MS08". The dialogue result of this topic will run when the player finishes listening to the note:

setstage MS08 2

Cipscis

Quick Question,

in the GECK on a cell I have made when I use COC to get to the cell all the items in the cell spawn at my feet and if I venture too far from the COC node I get warped back to it.

What am I doing wrong?

-CCM