Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

I'm using the GECK, in which I have changed RL-3 into a RoboBrain. He's really slow. Is there a simple way to speed the RoboBrain's movement up?

I've tried changing the Speed Multiplier, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I can't seem to do much with the animations, but might be missing something.

---

@Stickocide:

You should be able to do this by altering their "SpeedMult" AV, although keep in mind that altering this AV requires one of a few specific events to take place before the actor's speed will be updated. As far as I know, these events include:

* Toggling sneak mode

* Drawing or holstering a weapon

* Any change to one of the two mobility AVs - "LeftMobilityCondition" and "RightMobilityCondition"

For the RoboBrain, your best bet is probably to alter one of the mobility AVs.

---

How do I access or change "LeftMobilityCondition" or "RightMobilityCondition", exactly?

It's a robot, so its weapons are embedded, and not drawn or holstered, and I have no idea how to make it sneak. RL3 doesn't do this by default.

I'll keep messing around and see if I can get it to work. Thanks for the quick reply. :thumbsup:

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to make a scripted key, and I noticed that only object scripts can be used.

So I made my script:

scn BlablaSCRIPT

begin OnAdd player
player.AddPerk BlablaPerk
end

;begin OnSell player
;	player.RemovePerk BlablaPerk
;end

;begin OnDrop player
;	player.RemovePerk BlaBlaPerk
;end

Now, when I put the item in the map as a misc item, and just go there and pick it up, it works just great, and the player gets the perk. But, when I put the key into a NPC inventory, and go pickpocket the npc, I find the key and it seems just fine, still when I pick it up it doesn't run the onadd block. Infact the player doesn't get the BlablaPerk. I've tried using GameMode, setting the ref to the container (both in the gamemode block and onadd block, but not at the same time), checking for that to be the player (also when u place a new object into a npc inv, it doesn't run the onadd block by default, only when changes to an inventory are made, i.e.: when u pickpocket the item up).

I would like to know why my script won't run, and if there is a way to make it work.

Btw I noticed once that the MenuMode block runs (still it's kinda fookd since you ll have to open your pipboy b4 you get your perk)...

1.I can't create or edit any of global variables. On edit the GECK shows me next message:

---------------------------

Warning

TESDialog trying to use dialog box template for unknown type 'GLOB'.

Context: DEFAULT

"Yes to all" will disable all Warnings for this context.

Yes No Cancel

By clicing Yes msg disappears and nothing happens :wallbash:

No or Cancel msg disappears and will never shown again untill GECK is not reloaded

2. Need to make a trigger that will run a script every ingame hour (while player is not sleeping or waiting). Can somebody help?

I have a problem. I made a topic and no one answered. Ok, I was cleaning point lookout without save. (Cleaning as in using the 'Disable' console command. Then, I accidently disabled a wall and before typing 'Enable' I exited out of console commands. :wallbash:

I know the code for the wall: 01010c1f

I dont know how to get it back in game or with the geck....

Help? Thanks alot

I have a problem. I made a topic and no one answered. Ok, I was cleaning point lookout without save. (Cleaning as in using the 'Disable' console command. Then, I accidently disabled a wall and before typing 'Enable' I exited out of console commands. :wallbash:

I know the code for the wall: 01010c1f

I dont know how to get it back in game or with the geck....

Help? Thanks alot

Try "01010c1f.enable" (without quotes, obviously)

1.I can't create or edit any of global variables. On edit the GECK shows me next message:

Warning

TESDialog trying to use dialog box template for unknown type 'GLOB'.

Context: DEFAULT

"Yes to all" will disable all Warnings for this context.

Yes No Cancel

By clicing Yes msg disappears and nothing happens :wallbash:

No or Cancel msg disappears and will never shown again untill GECK is not reloaded

You have to go into the "Gameplay > Globals..." menu to modify those. As for #2, I can't help you there.

I'm stumped. I have an armor token that I want to apply an effect shader to the wearer on equip. It seems like it should be pretty simple to me. I can go into console, select the target, then use the pms command to successfully apply the shader. When I put the exact same thing into a script and attach that script to an armor token, it doesn't work.

Is this not possible for some reason? I've already encountered some things that play differently in the console vs. run from a script. Here is the simple script I have created that I attach to the armor token:

scn myCustomShaderEffect

ref Wearer

Begin OnEquip
set Wearer to GetContainer
Wearer.pms GlowingOneFXShader
End

Begin OnUnEquip
set Wearer to GetContainer
Wearer.sms GlowingOneFXShader
End

Can anyone shed any light on this? I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!