Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

I'm using the GECK, in which I have changed RL-3 into a RoboBrain. He's really slow. Is there a simple way to speed the RoboBrain's movement up?

I've tried changing the Speed Multiplier, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I can't seem to do much with the animations, but might be missing something.

---

@Stickocide:

You should be able to do this by altering their "SpeedMult" AV, although keep in mind that altering this AV requires one of a few specific events to take place before the actor's speed will be updated. As far as I know, these events include:

* Toggling sneak mode

* Drawing or holstering a weapon

* Any change to one of the two mobility AVs - "LeftMobilityCondition" and "RightMobilityCondition"

For the RoboBrain, your best bet is probably to alter one of the mobility AVs.

---

How do I access or change "LeftMobilityCondition" or "RightMobilityCondition", exactly?

It's a robot, so its weapons are embedded, and not drawn or holstered, and I have no idea how to make it sneak. RL3 doesn't do this by default.

I'll keep messing around and see if I can get it to work. Thanks for the quick reply. :thumbsup:

in your script just do this

refID.modav LeftMobilityCondition -1

refID.modav LeftMobilityCondition 1

this should hit the condition for 1% then heal it immediately after. It *should* get the desired effect of an updated SpeedMult, I've been trying to do this myself for enemies and if what was said is true then it should work I'll edit this post once I've tested.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do I dig a hole?

I want to make a pond and fill it with water. I would think this is where the heightmap editor comes in, but it's not clear to me how you actually see what you are editing, at least on that small of a scale.

Hopefully this belongs in this thread :)

Slightly confused on this I'm setting an object effect to a gun. And I'm having a paralysis effect take place when the enemy is shot. However I'm trying to set some conditions for it and am coming up quite confused.

First off I want to check that the player is [hidden], would I use GetDetected? If so what would be the Function Parameters and who do I run it on?

How do I dig a hole?

I want to make a pond and fill it with water. I would think this is where the heightmap editor comes in, but it's not clear to me how you actually see what you are editing, at least on that small of a scale.

Hopefully this belongs in this thread :)

Just use the Landscape Editor ;) . It's the button on the top toolbar of the GECK with the trees on it. Click and drag up/down on any part of the landscape to move it up/down. Hold the right mouse button to paint textures.

Depending on where you're planning on making your pond, you might have to dig really deep to find water.

What font does the Fallout 3 Pipboy use? I'm trying to make an inventory image but I can't find the right font.

I've just used a different font for now but the question remains open.

But now I have another question. I'm not quite sure what files may be needed for my Mod is there anyway to check this from GECK or even FO3Edit?

I'm going to preface this by saying that prior to this I have no modding experience whatsoever.

Alright, so I decided to take a energy weapon from a mod and turn it into a flamer. Problem is, that in-game if I turn at all while firing this weapon, the stream of fire moves in an unexpected manner.

ie. the stream of fire shoots straight while I look straight, but as soon as I start to turn the stream starts angling upwards rather than turning with me.

Would be much appreciated if someone could offer insight or at least point me in the right direction.

Is there any way to force the player to sit in a chair and still allow the player to look around? I made a script that moves the player to the chair, and forces the player to do the UseItem package, but it prevents you from looking around. I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's messing with the framerate as well.