Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

How do I change a weapon's min and max spread in its script? If it is possible, of course.

Only with FOSE could you achieve this.

Using the FOSE commands SetWeaponMinSpread and SetWeaponSpread you can change the min and max respectively.

I need an object to auto-equip when I pick it up.

"code"

I'm pretty sure that would work by simply using the weapons ObjectID also seen as the Editor ID in the Geck. So when editing your weapon its the value (word) that is in the "ID" section.

--==--

Now for my own problem, something I've forgotten from a while ago, but maybe someone can quickly remind me... I need a perk to add my scripted key to the player. Also have a look at my script for my key and let me know if it should be working.

scn SkeletonKeySCRIPT

ref CurTarget
short SkelKeyLvl

BEGIN GameMode

set CurTarget to GetCrosshairRef

if player.HasPerk SkeletonKeyPerk25
	set SkelKeyLvl to 25
elseif player.HasPerk SkeletonKeyPerk50
	set SkelKeyLvl to 50
elseif player.HasPerk SkeletonKeyPerk75
	set SkelKeyLvl to 75
elseif player.HasPerk SkeletonKeyPerk100
	set SkelKeyLvl to 100
endif
END

BEGIN OnActivate CurTarget

if SkelKeyLvl == 25
	if CurTarget.GetLockLevel == 0
		CurTarget.unlock
	elseif CurTarget.GetLockLevel == 25
		CurTarget.unlock
	else
		;Nothing, should show vanilla message of low skill
	endif

elseif SkelKeyLvl == 50
		CurTarget.unlock
		CurTarget.unlock
	elseif CurTarget.GetLockLevel == 50
		CurTarget.unlock
	else
		;Nothing, should show vanilla message of low skill
	endif

elseif SkelKeyLvl == 75
		CurTarget.unlock
		CurTarget.unlock
		CurTarget.unlock
	elseif CurTarget.GetLockLevel == 75
		CurTarget.unlock
	endif

elseif SkelKeyLvl == 100
		CurTarget.unlock
		CurTarget.unlock
		CurTarget.unlock
	elseif CurTarget.GetLockLevel == 75
		CurTarget.unlock
	elseif CurTarget.GetLockLevel == 100 
		CurTarget.unlock
	endif

endif

END

It's late so I'm sure I've made a mistake there.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after an animated imod is displayed, it returns to the original imagespace. Is it possible to make it stay at last frame?

Increase the length of the animation.

I haven't figured out how to use global script variables, that multiple script will use... where to store em?

At the top, Gameplay->Globals. Right-click and create new. That variable can be changed or used by any script.

I'm pretty sure that would work by simply using the weapons ObjectID also seen as the Editor ID in the Geck. So when editing your weapon its the value (word) that is in the "ID" section.

No, that didn't do anything. Isn't there like a special ID like "player" that's similar to "me" or "myself"? I swear I've seen "me" in scripts before.

Increase the length of the animation.

wouldn't that cause some unecessary use of ressources? because I need it to stay till changed again... and if its playing and playing....

thx for the global one... pfff never searched in the gameplay tab

You could apply another ImageSpace at the same time that has the effects that you want to stay on.

every time i try to run a content mod like big town paradise or the carreabean sea thing i hear the title screen music when i load the game and i cant quick save/auto save/enter buildings.....

and this seems to happen on random locations to every character but usually places i need to go to like places with quests and people and what not

every time i try to run a content mod like big town paradise or the carreabean sea thing i hear the title screen music when i load the game and i cant quick save/auto save/enter buildings.....

and this seems to happen on random locations to every character but usually places i need to go to like places with quests and people and what not

Sounds to me like you are running with a computer that can't take the strain of big mods or lots of action.

Try lowering your game settings or upgrading your comp. If that doesn't work then I'm afraid I can't help you. try googling the problem?

Hope I helped.

And now, on with my problem:

As part of a house mod I'm making I wanted to include some special "Pristine" weapons from Operation: Anchorage. To do this, I copied out the OA sim-weapons, ajusted the stats a bit and put them into the mod.

To my surprise, they work! Or at least they did work, untill I tried to use VATs and fast travel with them.

This does not make sense: I can pick up, drop, weild, reload, repair, fire and holster the weapons perfectly, but if I go into VAT's or try to fast travel, bang! Game crashes!

Hoping someone knows whats wrong.

I'm currently working on a script that checks the currenTime and reacts on in...

The problem is, that I don't know how to set a doOnce without stoping the other events from happening. Here is what I mean:

if GetCurrentTime >= 4
  dostuff
endif

if GetCurrentTime >= 8
  dostuff
endif

if GetCurrentTime >= 16
  dostuff
endif

if GetCurrentTime >= 22
  dostuff
endif

These guys would continue dostuff till their if-conditions are not true anymore, but every entry should do it only once(till next day). So if I insert a "set doOnce to 1" at the end of the first entry and add a "&& doOnce == 0" to the top, would make this clearly do it only once. But now, how to prevent the other entry's from beeing a looping pain in the ass without ending up with four different doOnce shorts? Two, which take it in turns? Whats the correct procedure?

To TheChan: Aye mate... I thought so