Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How to make an auto displayed message use an icon from pulldown menu inside the message editor, like the vaultboyinpain. Choosing one from the pulldown seems to have no inpact ingame as I always have the default smiling vaultboy icon...

Not sure about this one. If that pulldown doesn't work then I don't know!

How to make the player actor do an animation, like aoBeer01?

player.Playidle aoBeer01 should work

How to force thirdpersoncamera? only know how to check it...

You could FOSE's TapControl command. This would tap the control for 3rd person no matter what the player had it set as.

EG:

if pc1st
  TapControl 13

So if the player is in 1st person mode, tap the toggle point of view button.

How to auto-start VATS, after setting a target, without having the player push the VATS key?

Maybe the same as above, but a little modification. So using TapControl again?

How to make placeable water actually reflect & refract stuff? (objects are all linked to water, still no impact ingame)

No idea on this one sorry. :confused:

:biggrin:

Hey there everybody. I'm planning on making a radio station mod for Fallout 3, and I just wanted to know if it will be removed from Fallout3Nexus if there is copyrighted music. It's not for profit, only in game, and I will be giving credit to the artists, so I don't see a problem with it, but I thought I should still check.

probably would not be allowed, if the artist sold that song under copyright for his own profit.

you can't give away someone's work... well that's what the rules say.

i think they're too stiff but it's not like i can change anything :P

sooo... respect theirs

and choose free songs to distribute through your radio

like mixtape songs, or those released on free albums (like Nine Inch Nails "The Slip" for example)

good luck

Hi guys. I got my binoculars working :) Gonna upload them today or tomorrow, when I've put some finishing touches on the mod.

I have another problem though: when changing a NIF for a weapon, the bullet fires from the player's chest instead of the gun barrel. Anyone know why this is happening or how I can get around it?

:thanks:

Does anyone know why this would happen...?

I've modified a sniper rifle to make it fully automatic (it seemed like the next logical step after de-scoping it) and everything's working fine EXCEPT....

Before the bullets start coming out, I get an extra bang and recoil. The 5 round clip still fires only 5 rounds, but it looks and sounds like it's firing 6.

EDIT: Nevermind.. Sorted it. Just gotta get the rumble pack to obliterate some shoulder bones now and it's ready for upload :P

My problem: I am trying to change the appearance of some NPC's. The faces are no problem but the hair keeps reverting back to the default hairstyle.

I am using the hairpack from A Good Hair Day

So I load Fallout3.esm and Hairday.esm in the geck, make the changes and save it as a new .esp file.

Then when I launch the game (with all the mods in the right load order) all changes I made are there, like face, clothing and inventory, except for the hair. Instead of the new hair they now have the default hairstyle.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? :mellow:

Just one question this time-

What is it that makes the Wasteland's worldspace constantly have the whirlwind sound effects? Is it the large number of whirlwind movable statics that are placed everywhere, or is it an acoustic thing?

Inside the Region Editor under the World Tab. There's a sound category.

Additionally there is also a sound catergory inside the Weather settings.