Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

oh... so the saves you can't load are saved after you managed to make it work?

i thought they were from before the game started crashing in the first place.

well... i have no idea then... more brainstorming is needed here

good luck

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, well I read somewhere else that someone had FOSE crash his game on the loads as well. My suspicions lie at FWE, as I successfully can play with the new armor, weapons and I've encountered tons of stupid gecko's already.

I miss Wrye Bash.

EDIT: Ok went over it with FO3edit and it told me to put Craft above the FWE esm, should I create a "merged patch" with FO3edit as well?

thx mate gonna play with it a little bit more.

some other issue> I'm having troubles to get the look command work ingame...

> player.look targetID <

the player just don't do it! anyone got experience with that? can it actually be used for the player?

No problems. you should try disabling the player controls beforehand and see if that works.

Alright some problems of my own now. I haven't seen many other scriptwriters around but if you're out there give me hand! I have the following script. However something is causing my game to crash when sToolActive equals 1. I can't understand why.

SCN 0RepairToolEffectSCRIPT

float fWeapHealth
float fArmorHealth
float fRepairSkill
short sToolActive
short sBtn
ref rEquipWeap
ref rEquipArmor

BEGIN OnEquip Player

set rEquipWeap to player.GetEquippedObject 5
set rEquipArmor to player.GetEquippedObject 2
set fWeapHealth to player.getEquippedCurrentHealth 5
set fArmorHealth to player.getEquippedCurrentHealth 2
set fRepairSkill to player.getAv Repair
set sToolActive to 1

END 

BEGIN OnUnequip Player

set sToolActive to 0

END

BEGIN GameMode

if sToolActive
	showMessage 0RepairToolMsg rEquipWeap, fWeapHealth, rEquipArmor, fArmorhealth,  fRepairSkill
	set sBtn to GetButtonPressed + 1
	if sBtn == 1 ;Weap
		player.SetEquippedCurrentHealth 5 fRepairSkill
		set sBtn to 10
	elseif sBtn == 2 ;Armor
		player.SetEquippedCurrentHealth 2 fRepairSkill
		set sBtn to 10
	else
		set sBtn to 10;nothing
	endif
endif

END 

@Holty07:

The GECK's compiler doesn't like EditorIDs that start with a number, although it usually expresses this by throwing a compiler error. I would recommend that you try renaming it to something else (if you want it to be at the top of the list, then call it something like "aaaRepairToolMsg").

If that doesn't work, then it comes down to commenting out parts of your script until you find the culprit. Luckily it's not very long, so if the problem's there it shouldn't be too difficult to find.

Cipscis

I'm incorporating a series of collectible holotapes into my large-worldspace mod, and every time you find one it either raises a skill or gives you a perk. One of the holotapes details the character evading an old Corvega that had been following him. I want the perk you gain to deal more damage to enemies (and consequently yourself) when you blow up any vehicle.

Any way to do this via perk?

I don't think there is a "direct" way to do this, or a way that would work with new destructible vehicles, but you should be able to do this with vanilla vehicles (and any that you add).

Damage dealt due to object destruction is done via explosions. While damage dealt by explosions can't be conditionalised, they can be assigned weapon object effects (labelled "Enchantment" in the GECK) which can be conditionalised. In order to use this, I'd recommend that you create copies of the explosions that are (re)used for destructible objects and apply a conditionalised object effect to them so that they deal more damage to actors if the player has the appropriate perk. You'll also need to reassign all explosions used by destructible vehicles too, of course.

As far as I know there is no way to detect the source of damage to an object, so this will cause more damage to be done by exploding vehicles no matter how they are destroyed.

Cipscis

Hopefully this is a simple answer. It's been brought to my attention that my mod, Alternate Start - Roleplayers is not compatible with the FOOK2 overhaul mod. This is due to the fact that FOOK changes the ammo types used by certain guns. What I need to know is this. In Fallout 3, can an esp edit another esp file? I know this wasn't the case in Oblivion. Secondly, if they can't, what's the easiest way to convert an esp to an esm so I could release a patch (since I don't want to have to update two different esps at the same time)

One plugin file can edit another plugin file, but in order to create the "patch" file you must first convert the "source" file to a master file. The easiest way to do this is to use FO3Edit to check the ESM flag in the file header, which will then allow you to create a "patch" mod in the GECK. Once you're done, you can then convert the "source" file back to a plugin file.

Cipscis

I've been having a problem with my mod requiring two of the DLC's that I didn't even use (I just loaded my mod in the GECK with them checked, too). I already tried using FO3Edit to remove the masters, but that didn't work. Is there any way to check why my mod is requiring these?

By the way, the two are Anchorage and Point Lookout.

Hmm, bit more complicated than I thought. The problem I'm having is this: I need a patch for AS-R to be compatible with FOOK2. It's my understanding that FOOK2 uses the CALIBR ammo library for their ammo changes. However, the problem is, when I try to load the AS-R.esm file that I made along with CALIBR (which is also an esm) I'm getting an error saying something along the lines of "Multiple Master files Loaded. Load aborted."

So, my problem here has evolved to this: I need a patch for AS-R that edits a script. The problem is I cannot load AS-R and CALIBR at the same time. Nor can I leave AS-R as an .esp file because then I wouldn't be able to save it. Would converting CALIBR to an .esp file fix this problem since I wouldn't be editing the CALIBR file, and only the AS-R .esm file? But then that brings up the issue of getting CALIBR as a master file for my patch...

Heh, hope that's not too confusing. I'll be trying CALIBR as an .esp then figuring out how to get it as a master later, but I have a suspicion it won't be that easy.

Edit: Figured that bit out, but it completely breaks the entire script. Nothing happens when the door is activated... I'm seriously stumped. I know it's the patch file because if I disable it... everything works again. Soon as I enable the patch, bye bye working script.