Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

@EMH:

You could try sorting by FormID in the GECK under the "*All" section of the Object Window - that should allow you to quickly check all base forms that originate in the DLCs for changes caused by your file. How did you try to remove the masters with FO3Edit?

@Khet:

To load multiple master files simultaneously, just make the following change in your *.ini file:

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

Cipscis

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I am currently trying to make a custom weapon using Fisto as the base,

I was wondering how I could make it so that when I punch someone, it makes either the Megaton explosion or a Mini Nuke explosion.

Also, how could I make it play a custom attack sound?

Thanks.

@EMH:

You could try sorting by FormID in the GECK under the "*All" section of the Object Window - that should allow you to quickly check all base forms that originate in the DLCs for changes caused by your file. How did you try to remove the masters with FO3Edit?

By right-clicking my plugin, and selecting "clean masters." It didn't work, so something was left over.

And I don't quite see what you mean- you mean just seeing what objects come from the DLC's?

I've searched through all of the cells, and there's nothing in them with the words DLC, Anch, PL, Point, or Lookout.

@hitchen1:

Explosions can't be applied directly to melee weapons like they can to ranged weapons, so you're going to need to use a scripted object effect for this one. Luckily, the script will be very simple - something like this:

Begin ScriptEffectStart

PlaceAtMe FatManNukeExplosion

End

Keep in mind, however, that this explosion will also damage the player. I'm not sure if this is your intention or not?

In order to make a weapon play a custom attack sound, simply select it under "Attack Sound" in the Weapon window. I'm not sure how the sound must be set up, but hopefully you'll be able to figure that out by looking at existing attack sounds.

@EMH:

If "Clean Masters" didn't work, then there should be at least one edit to a record originating in each file. This change might have been made automatically by the GECK when you saved your mod with those two master files also loaded. If you have an older version of your plugin available, then you could compare the current version to the previous version in order to narrow down any changes that might cause these two masters to be added.

The easiest way to find an edit, however, would probably be to apply a filter to the master that checks for any conflicting records (even if the records are identical). To do this, right-click on the master in FO3Edit and select the following options only:

• by conflict status overall (that's the background color)
    • Multiple but no conflict
    • Benign Conflict
    • Override without conflict
    • Conflict
    • Critical Conflict

[*]by conflict status for this particular record (that's the text color)

• Identical to Master
    • Master
    • Identical to Master but conflict winner

If I'm right, this should show only records that are overridden by your mod (or any other loaded files) when you view records in the master files. Once you remove all such records, you should be able to successfully use "Clean Masters"

Cipscis

@hitchen1:

Explosions can't be applied directly to melee weapons like they can to ranged weapons, so you're going to need to use a scripted object effect for this one. Luckily, the script will be very simple - something like this:

Begin ScriptEffectStart

End

Keep in mind, however, that this explosion will also damage the player. I'm not sure if this is your intention or not?

In order to make a weapon play a custom attack sound, simply select it under "Attack Sound" in the Weapon window. I'm not sure how the sound must be set up, but hopefully you'll be able to figure that out by looking at existing attack sounds.

Thanks for the help,

I tried using that script, but nothing happens when I attack

Also, when I tried to use a custom attack sound the weapon completely dissapeared in-game, but it's still inside the editor. I tried placing it in different places like the Megaton House but it is not there either.

HI,is it possible to add effect that would be trigered after using more items in the row?

after eating ten meats player would get effect +2 Str and -2 End for 5 min

Please help! :thanks:

@hitchen1:

How did you attach that script? It should be used in a Base Effect, which is in turn used in a "Weapon" type Object Effect, which is used by the weapon in question - it shouldn't be attached to the weapon itself. I'm not sure what might have happened with the weapon disappearing, but it doesn't sound likely to me that it'd be caused by an attempt to use a custom sound. Are you certain you didn't accidentally deactivate the plugin or something? If you renamed the file then it would have been automatically deactivated (the list of active files only stores filenames).

@fredyzg:

This wouldn't be possible to do with a single effect, which is how most ingestible effects are applied, but by using tokens (unplayable, therefore invisible pieces of armour) to store extra information on the player it should be possible. The easiest way to use multiple tokens together is to have one "controller" token and multiple "counter" tokens, so that whenever the player eats a piece of meat a "counter" token is added, and if the player doesn't already have a "controller" token in their inventory then one of those is added as well. Like this:

ref rContainer

Begin OnAdd

set rContainer to GetContainer

End

Begin GameMode

if rContainer
	if rContainer.GetItemCount <CounterToken> >= 10
		rContainer.RemoveItem <CounterToken> 10
		rContainer.CastImmediateOnSelf <SpecialEffect>
	endif

if rContainer.GetItemCount <CounterToken>
	else ;if rContainer.GetItemCount <CounterToken>
		RemoveMe
	endif
else
	set rContainer to GetContainer
endif

End

When coupled together, these scripted tokens should allow you to apply an effect only after 10 pieces of meat were eaten within 1 minute (for example).

Cipscis

@hitchen1:

How did you attach that script? It should be used in a Base Effect, which is in turn used in a "Weapon" type Object Effect, which is used by the weapon in question - it shouldn't be attached to the weapon itself. I'm not sure what might have happened with the weapon disappearing, but it doesn't sound likely to me that it'd be caused by an attempt to use a custom sound. Are you certain you didn't accidentally deactivate the plugin or something? If you renamed the file then it would have been automatically deactivated (the list of active files only stores filenames).

Ah, what I tried doing was making a new Script, then placing

Begin ScriptEffectStart

End

inside and then placing that into the Script part when editing the weapon..

How would I use this script in a Base effect then?

Oh, and before, when you said about taking damage from the explosion - that's fine, it'll be a follower that is using this weapon and his health will probably be set high.

First, you'll need to create a new base effect to attach the script to. Just like creating any other form, this is very simple - just navigate to the "Base Effect" section of the Object Tree (you can find it under "Game Effects"), right-click and select "New". You'll want to set your effect's archetype to "Script" and select your script in the drop down menu (make sure it's an Effect script first, or it won't appear in the list). In order to make your Base Effect selectable for a "Weapon" type Object Effect, you'll also want to tick the "Touch" checkbox.

Next, you'll need to create a new Object Effect - the method of creating this form is the same as for a Base Effect. Once created, you'll want to specify that it is a "Weapon" type Object Effect, and select your Base Effect as an Effect Item (right-click under "Effects" and select New). Once this is set up, select this Object Effect in the Weapon window to apply it to your weapon.

Cipscis