Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

@fredyzg:

While this depends on how they are being set up as player allies, you might be able to use GetPlayerTeammate to check that. Otherwise, you could try some of the various Faction Functions.

@Holty07:

Unfortunately, this seems to be completely hard-coded. As far as I can tell, any "mine" or "grenade" weapons placed in an NPC's inventory via pickpocketing will have their name prefixed with "Live " and trigger the "Pants Exploded" sequence. What are you hoping to do?

@KSking and mmalx:

Wrong thread guys. You should both learn to read, at the very least, the first post in a thread before you reply to it.

If you're looking for a mod to do something specific, first try using the search tool. If you can't find anything then try asking in the requests forum.

For questions about using specific mods, the best place to post is normally in the comments section of the mod in question, but I see you've already created another thread about your problem already...

Cipscis

You are right!

But I did that already... and nobody helped :(

So I tried here... please.. take 2 min and attach the file for me. I've been killing myself for the last 3 days and I can't seem to find it anywhere... everybody that replies says it is either in the archive or in the program instalation, but it is NOT. :(

damn! :(

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to add fitting animations to my dialogue and finding it ridiculously arduous. Anyone know of a program for previewing fallout animations, or has someone written a guide of commonly used ones that explains what they do? Currently, I keep having to switch between the dialogue, and opening a patrol package so that I can go through the animations one by one until I find one that would fit the dialogue. Thanks in advance

@c2552:

Yes, this is possible to do via a method known as "mod de-isolation". The basic premise is that the GECK only allows plugin files to have master files as masters, but the actual game engine will allow plugin files to have other plugin files as masters. In order to get around this, a 3rd party editing software like FO3Edit is used to convert the "source" plugin file to a master file by flipping the "ESM bit in the file header, allowing the other plugin file to use it as a master. Once the plugin file has been created, the "source" plugin file can be converted back into a plugin file.

One important thing to note is that a plugin file with another plugin file as its master shouldn't be opened in the GECK, as the GECK will recognise this as an error and mess with the plugin's list of masters.

@thefourwings:

The easiest way is probably to make a list of potential animations in such a way that you can view it while running Fallout 3 (a hand written list might be easiest), then using PlayIdle in the console to preview the animation on an NPC.

Cipscis

Feel stupid asking this because it should be easy to find, but I'm having no luck on google. I need to adjust the volume level of my dialogue to normalize it between the different actors, so I need a way of applying an amplify effect to 100 files at a time, rather than having to open the lines one by one, apply the effect, save, next. Does anyone know a program that'll easily apply an amplify effect to a batch of wav files? Many thanks,

Hi, I'm trying to make a megaton house mod and I need some help with this because I appear to be doing something wrong and the geck keeps crashing: I have a door leading to a room (an armory). This room has a terminal outside it that will open it. The only way to open this is to have the right passcode like in the Mama Dolce computer. I would like the key card to be either on top of or inside the desk inside the bedroom. How do I go about doing these things? Thanks in advance.

Feel stupid asking this because it should be easy to find, but I'm having no luck on google. I need to adjust the volume level of my dialogue to normalize it between the different actors, so I need a way of applying an amplify effect to 100 files at a time, rather than having to open the lines one by one, apply the effect, save, next. Does anyone know a program that'll easily apply an amplify effect to a batch of wav files? Many thanks,

There are two programs that I have that help with sound file playing. One is Switch Sound Converter. The other is MP3Gain.

Hi, another question - I want to make turrets linked to a simple electrical switch - the idea is that you hit the switch and turrets appears, hit the switch again and they disappear to simulate pop-up turrets. Is this possible to do?

You could set it up that when you press the button the XMarker, that your two turrets are connected to, would be activated. This is as far as I know in this direction though. Have a look at the house themes in Tenpenny or Megaton.