Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

quick question with the Chain sword mod

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3896

and the Boltgun mod

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5417

i've enabled bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

and I also have ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated! activated

but when I go to the locations say the boltguns are in there's an enormous red square with an "!" inside

as is with the chainsword, and I use the cheat put it in my inventory.

Anyway way I can get rid of the red square and use the mods i've installed

much appreciated

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two programs that I have that help with sound file playing. One is Switch Sound Converter. The other is MP3Gain.

Would be nice not to have to convert to mp3, adjust, then convert back again, but nonetheless, those two programs together did the trick beautifully - thank you so much!

Hi, I have some more questions:

1) Is there a way to have a switch switch things around? i.e. you have a dinner table with platers, cups, etc. that becomes a map table and vice versa.

2) Can supermutants sit? I'm not at the stage where I can make npcs do stuff but for future reference, if I have a chair or sofa, can a supermutant sit down on furniture or on the floor?

3) Is it possible to make Rl3 hover like an enclave eyebot? I know how to reduce his size, but he doesn't stay the same hover level as when normal size.

4) I'm trying to create a navmesh inside the megaton house - when I try to save, I get this message:

Assert

File: C:\projects\fallout3pc\Fallout Shared\Pathfindind\NavMesh.cpp

Line: 1568

What does this mean and how do I go about fixing it?

@darkus37:

1) In order to show/hide references, you'll want to use the Enable/Disable functions. To apply this effect to several objects at once, it is incredibly helpful to also use Enable Parenting. This is the method that is used for things like player house themes.

2) I've never seen a supermutant sit, so I'd assume that they don't have the appropriate animations. That aside, I don't think creatures can use furniture anyway.

3) If you want to change the height at which he floats, you'd have to alter the animations. I'd guess that the change would be fairly simple, but I'm afraid I wouldn't really know where to start.

4) That's a C++ assertion error, as opposed to a GECK error, so the code used for NavMeshing is failing somehow. My first instinct would be to save my progress and restart the GECK and perhaps my computer as well. If that doesn't work, try deleting all navmeshes inside the cell and starting them again. Out of curiosity, what exactly are you doing when this error pops up?

Cipscis

Thank you for your reply - I'll try to play with the enable/disable functions. As for the error, it occurred when I was working on the navmesh inside the megation house - I pressed the optimize button and suddenly the staircase was separated from the floor and npcs couldn't go up it anymore - same problem when using the advanced navmesh menu. I tried to connect the stairs manually to the floor but that caused the problem. I finally solved the problem by extending the triangles to cover the base of the stairs so the whole thing is at an incline, instead of the original way it was done, with the first step having triangles covering it and then from there all the way to the top. It seems to have fixed the problem but I still can't figure out why when the programmers did it, there wasn't a problem - but when I tried to replicate it, I got this error.

towards supermutants sitting etc.

there is 1 possible way for that:

Fawkes is not considered a creature

and Fawkes has a Sandbox: "MQ08FawkesSandbox" that allows him to eat,sleep, talk and use furniture (as well as typical fallout behaviour).

I assume the only reason he doesn't do any of this is because the underworld lobby doesn't have any chairs and food etc. (he does walk around and you can talk to him) (interaction radius: 512)

and for todays funfact: fawkes can swim

so you could duplicate fawkes, give him a new ID and add the sandbox, if you place chairs and food etc. nearby interaction should in theory work

small warning on the side: Uncle Leo may seem like it, but he has no sandbox behaviour, all he can do is talk and walk