Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

Gah, I have but two more questions before the mod I'm working on will be ready for upload.

The first is this: I use placeatme in a script (the same one as the GetRandomPercent script I had a question about) to place ammo in a cell at certain points. That all works perfectly. However, when the ammo is placed, there's only on round, when there should be more, depending on how large the clip size of the ammo is. What's causing this? All the other times I manually place ammo in the world, it has the right amount of rounds in it (12 for .44 Magnum, for example). Is this related to placeatme, or is it something else? And, of course, how can I fix it?

Here's the second: I checked the FOSE command list, and it doesn't look like there are any functions to check the player's kill count. Specifically, I want to check the number of enemies ( namely ghouls ) that have been killed in a certain cell, and only that cell. I need a way to count the kills, and a way to check that. I don't think it would work as a condition in dialogue, though, which hinders me a bit, but not too badly.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noob here, so I get to ask a really noobish question. I've been trying to solve this issue for quite a while now and it's frustrating me to no end because I really should be past this step.

When I first got FOMM I unpacked the meshes and textures .bsa files to the Data folder. Everything was all nice and fine in nifskope.

Then I read that it's not okay to have everything extracted to that folder cause then Fallout uses those files to override the bsa files and whatnot. Okay, deleted those. Now I've just got the custom files from the various mods I use in the meshes and textures folders in data.

Re-extracted the .bsas to a folder on my desktop called falloutextracts or something. Went to nifskope and added the textures folder of that to the Settings>Rendering texture paths. Textures would never come up when I loaded a mesh. Tried different orders for the folders. Tried putting the folder in the data folder even. Nothing.

So...what is it I'm doing wrong?

well, this should be a quick question:

on a specific queststage, i want a map marker for local map to be shown.

so my questions:

1. how do i get a friggin mapmarker in an interior cell ? (standard mapmarker can't be placed)

2. how do i get that marker to show up only on the specified queststage (and of course it should disapear once the goal is acieved)

nvm, I'm an idiot, someone delete this please or just ignore it, figured it out

What do I need to change on the basic Laser Pistol to make it fire in automatic mode correctly? I was going to check Col. Autumn's pistol, but of course I have BS and it no longer works the way it used to. I check the automatic option on the weapon, but it will 'hiccup' once before it fires normally, then when I try to aim, it goes through the firing animations, but nothing is ever fired.

look at that, i actually got a weapon related question as well:

I wanna make a RadGun (which isn't a problem so far), but I wanted to use FissionBatterys as ammo, however i can't figure out how the hell i can change the decleration of a item type. I looked around if nifskope gives me an option but that wasn't the case.

and i don't just wanna replicate existing ammo and smash the fission battery over it, cause then it would only look like a fission battery but FB's wouldn't be usable as ammo.

so anyone got an idea for me ?

What do I need to change on the basic Laser Pistol to make it fire in automatic mode correctly? I was going to check Col. Autumn's pistol, but of course I have BS and it no longer works the way it used to. I check the automatic option on the weapon, but it will 'hiccup' once before it fires normally, then when I try to aim, it goes through the firing animations, but nothing is ever fired.

You need to also change the Fire Anim. Change it to AttackLoop. That should work.

I wanna make a RadGun (which isn't a problem so far), but I wanted to use FissionBatterys as ammo, however i can't figure out how the hell i can change the decleration of a item type. I looked around if nifskope gives me an option but that wasn't the case.

and i don't just wanna replicate existing ammo and smash the fission battery over it, cause then it would only look like a fission battery but FB's wouldn't be usable as ammo.

Check out the way the Rock-it Launcher works that should help.

You need to also change the Fire Anim. Change it to AttackLoop. That should work.

That looks to have worked for the most part; gun kinda shakes a bit, like its overloading and ready to blow, but at least its doing autofire normally. Thanks!

Check out the way the Rock-it Launcher works that should help.

thanks that worked quite well so far, got the weapon to use the fission batteries and it does result in rad damage when hit, however that only leaves 1 small problem. How do i change how many shots 1 unit is worth ? cause 1 fission battery = 1 shot is a tiny bit horrible and overpriced (I was thinking 1 fission battery should be worth about 10 shots, that does make it expensive ammo, but it does deal quite some damage).

Anyone know what the resolution of the videos played in Fallout? I'm making one for the intro to my mod, and I want to know how large the resolution should be.

well, you can pick any resolution you want, but the official ones have these stats:

Width: 1280

Height: 720

Colordepth: 32

alpha plane: no

fps: 29.97 (you can use pal mode with 25 fps to save filesize, bink videos have no problem with that, cause they tend to get large, 1 min clip in half that size ended up with 50 MB)

audio: 48000khz, 16bit stereo