Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

@Five_X:

The easiest way to count this would be to use a perk. Give the player a perk with an "Add Leveled List On Death" Entry Point, and conditionalise it so that it adds a scripted token to the inventory of any ghouls ("GetIsCreatureType 5" and/or GetIsRace). The token's script could then increment a global or quest variable whenever it is added to an inventory, effectively counting the number of ghouls killed by the player in that cell.

@Nagaoka:

There's no problem at all with extracting Fallout 3's resources from the BSAs into your Data folder. The game will simply treat the extracted resources as overrides and use them instead. There should be no noticeable difference in performance either.

Make sure that your folder structures are set up correctly. The textures should be in a "Textures" folder and the meshes in a "Meshes" folder, and both of these folders should be in the same root folder.

@spammster:

Would you mind sharing your solution to your map marker issue with us? I'm not entirely sure I understand what you were trying to do so I'd be interested in knowing what you did.

When it comes to using 1 fission battery per 10 shots, I'm afraid you'd have to script the ammo usage. The easiest way to detect a weapon being fired, if I remember correctly, is via GetAnimAction.

Cipscis

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, I got around that another way, Cipscis. It turns out the Point Lookout Ghoul Safari ghouls have their own unique ID, so I was able to use a simple GetDeadCount to do it. Thanks anyway, though.

Anyone know what the resolution of the videos played in Fallout? I'm making one for the intro to my mod, and I want to know how large the resolution should be.

well, you can pick any resolution you want, but the official ones have these stats:

Width: 1280

Height: 720

Colordepth: 32

alpha plane: no

fps: 29.97 (you can use pal mode with 25 fps to save filesize, bink videos have no problem with that, cause they tend to get large, 1 min clip in half that size ended up with 50 MB)

audio: 48000khz, 16bit stereo

I ended up doing 1920x1080- the intro is only 11 seconds long and mostly black... the filesize ended up at a "whopping" 1.6 MB :D .

@Nagaoka:

There's no problem at all with extracting Fallout 3's resources from the BSAs into your Data folder. The game will simply treat the extracted resources as overrides and use them instead. There should be no noticeable difference in performance either.

Make sure that your folder structures are set up correctly. The textures should be in a "Textures" folder and the meshes in a "Meshes" folder, and both of these folders should be in the same root folder.

Ah, thank you! The folders seem to be set up correctly, but if having them in the Data folder is okay, then that solves my problem anyways. Thanks!

@spammster:

Would you mind sharing your solution to your map marker issue with us? I'm not entirely sure I understand what you were trying to do so I'd be interested in knowing what you did.

When it comes to using 1 fission battery per 10 shots, I'm afraid you'd have to script the ammo usage. The easiest way to detect a weapon being fired, if I remember correctly, is via GetAnimAction.

Cipscis

yeah this was the first time I actually figured having a marker inside point to the place you should end up would be a good idea, never required that before since it always was pretty straight forward.

questobjective - targetref <- now that solved all my issues (i thought i was supposed to place a marker on the object or in the room where the goal is to be achieved, and then somehow tell the marker its supposed to be quest stage relevant)

I solved my fission battery issue like this: since it was to much of a struggle scripting the multiplication of items and hiding them (or it could be abused like: put 1 battery in the weapon, remove the battery and have like 20 in your inventory and sell em for 50 caps a piece) i simply exchange em at a NPC, you hand over your fission batteries and the NPC gives you FB Ammo in return, which is scaled down in pricing, so you don't make a profit, probably not the best solution but it works for me

Can anybody help me???

im making a mod but im trying to make a special weapon and a new type of deathclaw...

how do i get a flaming deathclaw gauntlet and how do i get a deathclaw that is always flaming but not getting damaged by the fire...

can anyone help me??? :( :( :( :( :( :(

I've been editing people in the GECK to make them look better and when I decided to alter my own character, I saw that the facial customizations available for NPCs in the GECK are not available in-game for the player. So is it possible to edit my own character in the GECK?

I tried a few searches but can't seem to determine the correct combo of words to produce relevant search results.

You can't directly edit your character in the GECK, but if you set a character as a "CharGen Face Preset" then you'll be able to select that face from the presets in the race menu.

Cipscis

That's what I ended up doing, using a dummy as a preset, I just wanted to make sure there was not another way. Thanks for the help.