Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

@Branimirzg:

If you want one plugin file to be mastered to another plugin file, then you're going to have to go through a process known as mod de-isolation. Here are the steps you should take:

• Using some 3rd party editing software like FO3Edit, change your source file to a master file by setting the "ESM" flag in the file header. Do not change the file extension
  • Open up both files in your choice of editing software, and create the relevant forms
  • Once you've finished, you can convert the source file back to a plugin file by resetting the "ESM" flag in the header file

@portbash:

Not that I know of, although if you want to request a port then you could ask for one in the official FOSE thread - [RELz] Fallout Script Extender (FOSE) v1.1, Thread 12

P.S. I just went to see what the GECK says about that console function, and it looks like there's a page but no content. Seeing as you're familiar with it, would you mind briefly detailing the syntax and functionality? Here's the page I'm talking about - SetFog

Cipscis

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@portbash:

Not that I know of, although if you want to request a port then you could ask for one in the official FOSE thread - [RELz] Fallout Script Extender (FOSE) v1.1, Thread 12

P.S. I just went to see what the GECK says about that console function, and it looks like there's a page but no content. Seeing as you're familiar with it, would you mind briefly detailing the syntax and functionality? Here's the page I'm talking about - SetFog

Cipscis

aye, gonna add it ASAP

Can someone tell me where the value/setting is that causes companions to teleport to you when you move away from them?

If details of my problem are needed: I upgraded to the latest version of Fallout Re-animated, now Nos RR Companions teleport to me when I move more than a few steps away. Whoever is in charge of re-animated doesn't seem concerned about fixing anything they screw up so I am willing to attempt it myself.

Thanks in advance.

Can somebody tell me quickly how the ell do you change the reload sounds on weapons? I know how to change the sounds but not the reload...

I only want to fix the ReloadH animation sound for The plasma Pistol and all the other weapon Mods that use the Same Animation e.g The Deep Eyes Nocturn. I must of downloaded a weapons mod that messes about with the sounds and stuff.

Please give me a answer asap. I already looked for answers using Google + tags but to no anvial, no luck. Thought Animation would be available on the GECK but I cant find it.. bazza...

Please help.

I've got some general issues with loading & saving / saving & loading the game, after certain events have taken place. One of em occurs while I'm overriding the wasteland's default weather using a quest script.

Simple:

if check == 0
  if player.GetInWorldspace Wasteland == true
  set forceweather customweather 1
  set check to 1

This works perfect for the first time. However saving after that and loading again the script won't react anymore.

So I remove the check short to have a constant forceweather update until the queststage changes. After saving and loading with this script setting, the weather is applied, but not correctly as the sounds of the weather are not working. So saving and loading messes something up, and I have no idea why and how to fix that.

Another inverted-situation with saving/loading happens after a imod has been applied. Now loading a previous save game, before the imod will be applied, results in having the imod already loaded from the just "left" game state.

Again: I have some trouble with loading/saving as often, certain events will be carried into previous save games and other events won't happen anymore.

Whats going on? :wallbash:

This is going to sound like a strange question, but I'll try.

I have a cave I'm working on that is basically an easter egg cave. After going through a short side quest of finding shiny rocks, you join them together and they form a "shifty looking rock."

Now what I want to do is have this rock follow you (but it's not a creature, remember that), but always appear behind you. This rock will take away health until you activate it and destroy it.

Now I only need help with the only appearing behind you part. No animations would be needed, but somehow do a Placeatme "X" distance behind you. Is this even possible?

I have a cave I'm working on that is basically an easter egg cave. After going through a short side quest of finding shiny rocks, you join them together and they form a "shifty looking rock."

Now what I want to do is have this rock follow you (but it's not a creature, remember that), but always appear behind you. This rock will take away health until you activate it and destroy it.

Now I only need help with the only appearing behind you part. No animations would be needed, but somehow do a Placeatme "X" distance behind you. Is this even possible?

what a weird idea... I like it! :thumbsup:

Should be done easily. Make sure its a persistent reference...

-> PlaceAtMe

what a weird idea... I like it! :thumbsup:

Should be done easily. Make sure its a persistent reference...

-> PlaceAtMe

Wow, should've read up on my PlaceAtMe a bit more :P . Thanks!

My question is, how do you combine two mods into one file on the geck?

You want to merge them or to connect them?

To merge them you can use fo3 Plugin http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5104

Or: fo3edit

If you want to connect them check post #731