Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

Comrates...

...is there a trick needed to enable the reflections of a placablewater inside an exterior cell? I just don't get it to work...

Reflection in exterior: only sky (even all objects are linked to water. refraction works though)

Reflection in interior: yes, but no character (same water as used in exterior...)

How to make it reflect inside an exterior area and how to make it also reflect the character interior?

all proper flags are set. is it a bug issue or am I missing something?

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okeyday, I've been working on some proper wolverine claws.

This morning I modelled, textured and rigged the claws.

I set them up so they simply replace the brass knuckles and can only dismember if you get a critical hit, this means you will use both hands instead of just the right, as with the deathclaw glove.

but I cannot, for the life of me, get them to show up in game

I've done everything correctly with rigging, UVW's, dismemberment data and all the rest, but still it wont work

The main thing I've noticed is that armour list has a weird effect on it, if I leave it set as spiked knuckles it'll show up as spiked knuckles, if I set it to none I just have fists and no claws

(see pic)

I've tryed to set this to the claws but it doesn't appear in the list

I know I'm not doing something stupidly obvious but I cant tell what it is

Any and all advice is welcome and appreciated

Is there any way to start a script based on if a projectile has entered an activator?

For example, something like "Begin OnTriggerEnter projectilename?"

I'm having something fall from the sky at a really high rate of speed, and having it used as a projectile is the easiest way.

Well here's how it's going to be-

1) Object "enters the atmosphere" (shot as a projectile from a gun by NPC way up in the sky)

2) Sound is played as it streaks through the air, and the flashbang imagespace modifier starts.

3) Projectile hits the ground, causing explosion.

The projectile is basically a missile with a different model, speed variables, etc.

I want other things to happen as soon as the projectile hits the ground and explodes, but that can be affected by how long it takes the NPC to shoot (it probably won't be exactly the same every single time).

The activator would be placed on the ground right where the projectile hits, so it activates right as it explodes. Since it's a projectile, I don't think getpos would work, so as far as I can tell activators would be the only option.

The flashbang and sounds are already taken care of, since exact timing isn't as important, but the impact activator is the only thing left.

Cool, if you want to trigger an event when the projectile is detonated then you can do that via a placed impact object.

If you don't know already, a placed impact object is an object associated with an explosion. Whenever a reference to the explosion is created, a reference to its placed impact object is placed at its centre. By associating a scripted placed impact object with the explosion associated with your projectile, you can run a script once the projectile detonates.

Cipscis

Didn't know that, thanks!

EDIT: Another Question- how does the Megaton explosion have LOD? Since you can't generate LOD for an explosion that is called via script, how are you able to see it from halfway across the map? Since I haven't yet generated LOD terrain, could that be why my explosion doesn't have LOD?

Hi! I want to make a set-body mod, that shall allow to change your bodytype in-game. I'm doing the meshes and textures, and I found someone who would possibly help me with scripting, still I'd like to know if it's possible and if the idea I have now is realizeable. (sorry if I use funny english)

The Player goes to a Doctor, let's say Pinkerton, and you can have your bodysize changed the way you want it (by now 3 types, S, M and L). If you have your body made, you equip the new bodymesh when you unequip all armors. That would mean you can look different when naked, but that's not all I want.

Armor meshes that show much skin or are tight to the body will be altered, and if you are a S-sized character, you can't wear size M and L. Some baggy armors like Brahmin skin outfit or the Power Armors will stay as they are and marked as "onesized", so everyone can equip.

The idea is an invisible token attached to the Player and NPC I guess, that is checked on equipping and unequipping for the body size.

Sadly, I'm very untalented with scripting, but Storm Raven sent me here to get at least an answer if it is or is not possible to script something like this. Thank you very much!

:wallbash: I am having a problem with Ling's Finer Things, I am using FO3 v1.7, Geck w/ update 1.5, the most recent Fomm and ArchiveInvaladator. I get everything to load properly in geck , change a NPC (Nova) outfit and save it, but the outfit doesn't show in game. I am also using the most recent Project Beauty mod and those changes show up in game woth no problems. This is my first attempt at applying any mods to FO3, I have been working at this for 4 days. I have followed all the instructions to install all the mods and have read the manual to FO3edit and used it with some sucess through trial and error. :wallbash: Anyone that had the same problem and has or knows how to resolve this I will be very gratefull for help. :thanks:

hi there im needing help with a simple thing that i cant find the answer to any where.

i have got fall out 3 and purchased the dlc for it i also have the geck and its updated.

btw i have looked every where in this site not finding anything. :confused:

when i try to start the geck and pick the mods there isnt anything for the dlc and when i load the main file (fallout 3)

i look through all the items and i cant find anyhting from the dlcs.

in short i want to know how i add the dlcs to the geck so i can make buildings and weapons using the dlc items