Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

hello.

after trying out some mods, i decided to make my own mod and started to change the 'springvale' cell.

now i have some problems/(noob)questions ..

1. how can i place grass in the game?

is it, for example, 'GrassLawn01' or 'GrassWasteland01'? i place it on the ground, but i cant see it ingame. if its not 'GrassWasteland01' etc, what is it then? or what do i wrong?

2. how can i use the items from the DLC in the 'normal' game?

if i want to place, for example, the pungafruit ('DLC04PungaWild') from Point Lookout in my 'springvale' cell, how can i do that? when i only drag and drop it like other items from the fallout.esm, i can see it in GECK, but what i see ingame is a 'red marker' with an exclamation mark. i have already changed the Base Object name to 'xPungaWild', then changed the Reference Editor ID (it has probably not even something to do with it :biggrin: ), then tried both together etc. but nothing has helped. and its the same with other items (like the axe). so how can i do that? can some1 post a tutorial about how to do that?

3. questobjects

just to be sure .. if i want to use a questobject (for example 'DLC04PungaSeeds') ingame, and i change the name of the object and uncheck the 'questitem' box (of the 'new' object), will it be like a 'normal' object, or will it affect the game in some way?

ok, thats all for the moment (more questions will propably come 'soon'). i hope u can help me.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your problem with the DLC content likely has more to do with your fallout setup than how you've used it in your mod. Make sure in the fallout launcher / mod manager that both the DLC and your mod are enabled and make sure your mod loads after the dlc. If that's not the issue, try reinstalling the mod content, or at least confirm that the object (punga fruit) is working in its original form (within the DLC).

Also worth mentioning, unless you intend for your mod to REQUIRE that users have the Point Lookout DLC, you cannot (legally) add DLC content to your mod. It's okay for your mod to reference the content (by including the DLC in your active data files in GECK) but not if you extract the resources (ie. punga mesh/texture/sounds) and rebuild them to be standalone in your mod.

• 2 weeks later...
Is it possible to change an object's name using a script? Simply: Chair -> broken Chair

Is it not easier to have a chair, and a broken chair, and the script replace one with the other on damage or whatever? I have thought about what your saying though, replace 'raider' with 'dead raider' etc etc. Makes sense!

I was trying to do something along the same lines as portbash and arachnidzone were talking about here, specifically adding a prefix to an NPC's name when they are subject of an object effect (which is calling a script.) The example above is the type of effect I'm looking for: (name) becomes (prefix string) (name). The nearest I've been able to figure is that I need to declare a variable (NPCNAME), query the NPC's name when the script runs and set (NPCNAME) to that value, and use the variable as part of a SetName string. However, I haven't been able to determine how to get an NPC's name through scripting. Any ideas?

Also, in my fiddling with this I've run across the problem of NPC names not staying at what they're changed to after save/load. Is there a way around this? I would want to use SetActorFullName, but I haven't been able to find proper syntax for it :|

DISCLAIMERS: Yes, I did read all of this thread before posting (80 pages, whew!)

@drewtig:

At the moment, there are no string variables, so you can't get an NPC's name or use it to construct a new string. We'll have to wait for FOSE v2 at least for that sort of functionality.

Even though you can't do it yet, I thought I should note that you should only change the NPC's name while the player is looking at them, as this information is stored on the base form and will affect all references to it.

SetActorFullName takes a message form as its parameter, rather than a string. The string to be used is specified in the message itself as the title. Because messages can't yet be changed via script, this means that names can currently only be changed to predefined strings.

DISCLAIMERS: Yes, I did read all of this thread before posting (80 pages, whew!)
Wow, well done!

Cipscis

I am looking for a simple, reliable way to increment a visit counter once every time the player enters a specific cell. I tried attaching a script to the door, but that seemed to disable the teleport function. I played with a trigger inside the cell, but the counter seems to increment with every frame. I tried using an OnTriggerLeave block, but it does not seem to work if the player teleports out of the trigger primitive.

What am I missing?

EDIT: Nevermind. The onTriggerLeave block works fine. I had an error in my quest script.

• 1 month later...

Cipscis - I am interested in trying out some effects tied to scope mode, like NV only when peering through the scope. Do you know of a script method to check if the player has zoomed the UI?

Nevermind. I was looking in vain for a mode indicator when all I needed was to check for the keypress. Doh.

Edited by EARACHE42

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone knows a way to find out an items condition from a ref (fetched from somethings inventory) if its a weapon or equipment?

I'm working on an equipment recycler and I don't wanna give trashed stuff the same Scrap Metal return as great conditioned stuff.

Got that thing working so far nicely, only the condition is not in the script yet since I can't find a damn function for that, not in the default functions nor in the FOSE documentation but I could bet that theres such a function just not documented cause my script already uses 4 other functions not documented.

I already tried GetCurrentHealth since GetHealth gives back the base health (max health?) of an item but this function just jams the script so it seems to be not for items or whatever, I just started scripting like half a day ago lulz

im trying to edit the ammo press from The Pitt so it uses 2 containers one for the raw material and one for the final product . but i dont get it to work.

that are the scripts that work withe one container

set 5mmCount to aaMillAmmoBoxREF.getItemCount ammo5mm
set 10mmCount to aaMillAmmoBoxREF.getItemCount ammo10mm
set 32caliberCount to aaMillAmmoBoxREF.getItemCount ammo32caliber
set 44magnumCount to aaMillAmmoBoxREF.getItemCount ammo44magnum
set 50BMGCount to aaMillAmmoBoxREF.getItemCount CALIBRxAmmoRifle50BMG
set 308caliberCount to aaMillAmmoBoxREF.getItemCount ammo308caliber
set 556mmCount to aaMillAmmoBoxREF.getItemCount ammo556mm
set shotgunshellCount to aaMillAmmoBoxREF.getItemCount ammoshotgunshell
set scrapmetalCount to aaMillAmmoBoxREF.getItemCount spareparts

set DLC01AmmoMaterial to (5mmCount * DLC01ammo5mmValue) + (10mmCount * DLC01ammo10mmValue) + (32caliberCount * DLC01ammo32caliberValue) + (44magnumCount * DLC01ammo44magnumValue) + (50BMGCount * 00ammo50BMGValue)+ (308caliberCount * DLC01ammo308caliberValue)
set DLC01AmmoMaterial to DLC01AmmoMaterial + (556mmCount * DLC01ammo556mmValue) + (ShotgunShellCount * DLC01ammoShotgunShellValue) + (scrapmetalCount * DLC01ammoscrapmetalValue) + (metalingotCount * DLC01ammometalingotValue)

aaMillAmmoBoxREF.RemoveItem ammo5mm .5mmCount
aaMillAmmoBoxREF.RemoveItem ammo10mm .10mmCount
aaMillAmmoBoxREF.RemoveItem ammo32caliber .32caliberCount
aaMillAmmoBoxREF.RemoveItem ammo44magnum .44magnumCount
aaMillAmmoBoxREF.RemoveItem CALIBRxAmmoRifle50BMG .50BMGCount
aaMillAmmoBoxREF.RemoveItem ammo308caliber .308caliberCount
aaMillAmmoBoxREF.RemoveItem ammo556mm .556mmCount
aaMillAmmoBoxREF.RemoveItem ammoshotgunshell .shotgunshellCount
aaMillAmmoBoxREF.RemoveItem spareparts .scrapmetalCount

aaMillAmmoBoxREF.AddItem CALIBRxAmmoRifle50BMG DLC01AmmoTempCount

that is waht i tryed but when i give the press command at the terminal nothing happens, can someone say wehr i made the mistake ?

set 5mmCount to FurnanceRef.getItemCount ammo5mm
set 10mmCount to FurnanceRef.getItemCount ammo10mm
set 32caliberCount to FurnanceRef.getItemCount ammo32caliber
set 44magnumCount to FurnanceRef.getItemCount ammo44magnum
set 50BMGCount to FurnanceRef.getItemCount CALIBRxAmmoRifle50BMG
set 308caliberCount to FurnanceRef.getItemCount ammo308caliber
set 556mmCount to FurnanceRef.getItemCount ammo556mm
set shotgunshellCount to FurnanceRef.getItemCount ammoshotgunshell
set scrapmetalCount to FurnanceRef.getItemCount spareparts

set DLC01AmmoMaterial to (5mmCount * DLC01ammo5mmValue) + (10mmCount * DLC01ammo10mmValue) + (32caliberCount * DLC01ammo32caliberValue) + (44magnumCount * DLC01ammo44magnumValue) + (50BMGCount * 00ammo50BMGValue)+ (308caliberCount * DLC01ammo308caliberValue)
set DLC01AmmoMaterial to DLC01AmmoMaterial + (556mmCount * DLC01ammo556mmValue) + (ShotgunShellCount * DLC01ammoShotgunShellValue) + (scrapmetalCount * DLC01ammoscrapmetalValue) + (metalingotCount * DLC01ammometalingotValue)

FurnanceRef.RemoveItem ammo5mm .5mmCount
FurnanceRef.RemoveItem ammo10mm .10mmCount
FurnanceRef.RemoveItem ammo32caliber .32caliberCount
FurnanceRef.RemoveItem ammo44magnum .44magnumCount
FurnanceRef.RemoveItem CALIBRxAmmoRifle50BMG .50BMGCount
FurnanceRef.RemoveItem ammo308caliber .308caliberCount
FurnanceRef.RemoveItem ammo556mm .556mmCount
FurnanceRef.RemoveItem ammoshotgunshell .shotgunshellCount
FurnanceRef.RemoveItem spareparts .scrapmetalCount

aaMillAmmoBoxREF.AddItem CALIBRxAmmoRifle50BMG DLC01AmmoTempCount

• 1 month later...

very quick question for any NifSkope/GECK Pro out there :wink: :

Does the GECK support animation groups like 'Forward' and 'Backward' for weapons?

I'm experiencing crashes when trying to load my nif in the GECK and just want to make sure that it really is the 'Forward' animation sequence.