CTD

RBF

Hi,I apologize if this is in the wrong place. Thank you in advance to anyone who reads all of this. I bought a new gaming PC 6 months ago. Specs- I7 11700 @ 2.50 GHz, 16 gig of dual channel ram , a 3060 Ti graphics card. My story. One day I played a while then saved and quit. Later that day I went to play, CTD after Beth logo. I had not added or deleted anything in between sessions. Tried other saves, CTD. Cleaned save with Resaver. CTD. LOOT reported no problems, I had Steam verify the files, deleted appcache and Skyrim ini so that they would regenerate, Windows update is blocked but I checked, no update, Steam is blocked but I checked and it is the version of the game I have been using for several years. I turned off wireless and disabled my security software, CTD. I disabled all of my mods and started a new game, CTD in the same place. Then I deleted my Steam ,NMM and my saves file and did what I did 6 months ago, copied my files from my other PC{ that still plays, just a little slow} and transfered them to my new PC. Started a new game with no mods, CTD right after the Beth logo. Funny thing, if I enable the mod ASLAL I can create a character and land at Lakeview and do not move no CTD, I waited 5 min. in real time. If I move the game CTDs after a few seconds. If you are still here any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Rod

Cleaning your save file might cause issues so make sure you keep copies that have not been cleaned.

As for whats causing it .... not sure. From what you have said it sounds like ASLAL (guessing this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/272?tab=posts) is perhaps the issue. Or rather there are some files in your installation folder that either is from ASLAL or needs ASLAL to work.

Uninstalling Skyrim and manually removing any remaining files left after the uninstall might resolve it. Just be careful in what files you remove and be sure to back anything up before you remove them.

At the least I would recommend backing up any personal files (documents etc) and making sure you can restore the PC should anything critical go missing. If in doubt keep a backup.

Hope that helps, but it sounds like there may be some files (or mods) somewhen in your data folder that depend on ASLAL to work and not everything it needs is there to work.

Just for the sake of brainstorming, even if at 99.9% it's not your issue...

it could be a mouse/keyboard problem. It happened to me 7-8 years ago: it turned out that the devices were partly broken and not compatible with the Skyrim detection system.

Otherwise, the best thing would probably be to perform a system restoration or to reinitialize the whole machine.