who misses the old classics?

RevParasite

i have played FO1 and 2 obsessively in past portions of my life.

one of my favourite things to do with an eagle-eyed finesse charcter was shoot people in the groin with the 14mm pistol. and bethsoft took that joy away from me. does anyone think a VATS targeted groin shot is too much to ask? perhaps with a humorous crippling/dismemberment effect? dear god, I haven't castrated a raider in just over a decade. :wallbash:

I like to adhere to the believe that anything is possible.

Surely this is possible, however the vast amounts of work it would take are not only outside the scope of 99.99% of all modders, but also would require a re-engineering of how character models work in game.

Equivalent comparison would be... 'it would be like dissasembling then re-assembling a 100-story office building, brick by brick just to find your favorite stapler'

sure it can be done... but... if its that much work, would you want to? :)

Crippling legs would become an issue. The "effects" you get from hurting these 7 parts (accuracy drop, perception drop, crippling....), and the "animations" played when you get hit on them (or criticalled) seem hardwired also.

That, and it would probably involve re-doing dismemberment.

i understand what people are saying here, it would be extremely difficult to do... if it was possible to simply 'switch a target' between one limb and another surely it'd be less problematic to morph the gun and the arm holding it into the same target (giving 1 of several effects on hit/cripple) and then using the spare target for the groin...

yes yes, i've read what people have said and i agree, almost impossible and would take someone who's near 'godlike' in terms of modding... but then, if we do find them and they share our enthusiasm then maybe, just maybe, we'll get results...

that said... we can still dream, that's one thing beth can't remove!

TGBlank is correct in that there is a maximum of seven targetable body parts per BodyPartData. This is because, although there are 14/15 different assignable body parts (counting from 0, the 14th being the weapon, which acts quite differently), they are all grouped together by being associated with one of seven AVs.

When you target one body part in VATS mode, all other body parts associated with the same AV are also targeted. Likewise, when you dismember a body part, all other body parts within the same group will be dismembered. Body parts treat the value of their associated AV as their health - when this value reaches 0 the limb becomes crippled, and a certain effect (which depends on the AV will be applied to the actor.

Currently, there are no ways in which BodyPartData can be manipulated via script, so there is no way in which more than seven targetable body parts can exist on a single actor at the moment. If functions that allow the manipulation of BodyPartData become available, then it might be possible, but only time will tell.

Cipscis

• 1 month later...
Guest deleted934561
I know this topic has been down for awhile but is it possible to change the effects of parts being hit I.E. head shot causes frenzied effect like being blinded?

Not easy, would need a re-making of faaaar too many things.

Closest thing possible is giving tokens to the foes that run scripts that if the head is crippled, they make them frenzy. Problem with this is that it is a little intensive on the processor if there are too many foes on the map.

an idea occurs,

Set Arms as 1 target

Use the Brahmin head explode for them or something (idk how) because 1 brahmind head shot = both heads blow up

Somehow... through the magic of scripting, make a groin area

Archived