"Germanizing" Oblivion

madman132

I'm from Germany and i can understand English well enough to play Oblivion in the original dub. As well as watch TV shows in English.

Now i wanted to have a Friend play Oblivion, so he may like it and spend money on Elderscrolls Games in the Future, which would enable Bethesda to make even bigger Games for me to enjoy.

You know, the usual :D

Now this particular Friend can not understand what the NPCs in my Oblivion are saying. He doesn't speak english.

Is there something i can do for this poor man? Is there something i can download to enable him to install my Oblivion and have the German Dubs on there?

Is there anyway to magically alter my Oblivion game to make it the German Version? Must be some alteration Spell...

There is a german Version of Oblivion but i don't want to buy it, i already have the uk english Version. Something that would make the installation from my Oblivion DVD on his computer turn german would be nice.

This is just not possible. One of you will have to buy the German version. If the voice files for every language the game has been released in were included in one pack the game would run over multiple DVD's.

There are 2 voice BSA files for Oblivion alone and they are 750 and 958 MB respectively. Then with SI and the other DLC's it increases even more.

Unlike non RPG games where you don't have a lot of spoken dialogue they can be released in Multi languages, because they don't have the need for 1000's of voice files.

Then there are the texts for other languages to consider.

Archived