The Last Remnant

dthumb

Made by Square Enix. A turn based, visual smorgasbord game and they made it available for PC (yey for me!). They could have called it Final Fantasy Tactics Part 152 and I would'nt have cared. I liked it. Weird creatures, very odd outfits, tons of NPCs and double yey for uber normal maps. I liked it

There's a demo available here

http://na.square-enix.com/remnant/pc.html

Never tried the demo though, went out and bought it after hearing it's available here. Word of warning though, it might perform slower on older PCs so check the System Requirements.

I'm running on dual core 2.4 ghz, 2 gigs of ram, and an ugly 8500 gtx 1GB a few points below normal setting (Hi Texture, Hi Model, Lo visual effects). No hiccups or CTDs whatsoever.

Positive and negative criticism welcomed, just don't attack me or hit me in the nuts or something. :P

Hmm i'm not a big fan of turn based rpg's, reasons why, why take turns?, lol, i mean honestly i could never understand that. Anyway if its a good benchmark i'll give it a shot.

Gamespot mentioned some graphicas glitches that weren't eliminated when ported to the PC, plus the Square-Enix games are just too linear, imo.

Also it seems as though they just can't build a RPG that isn't turn-based. One would think they would at least try once to have a RPG with open combat like Mass Effect.

Gamespot mentioned some graphicas glitches that weren't eliminated when ported to the PC, plus the Square-Enix games are just too linear, imo.

Also it seems as though they just can't build a RPG that isn't turn-based. One would think they would at least try once to have a RPG with open combat like Mass Effect.

There's this issue with ATI cards and shadow settings. Plus, there's something about texture delay after the loading screen and camera switches. I don't experince the ATI issue since I have a Nvidia card. The bug I do get, some people complain about it and heard it on a review from IGN. I blame my 8500 card, but I'm no hardware buff so I don't really know.

True, Square seem to enjoy making linear turn based RPGs. Mostly relying on storyline, eyecandy, character designs, and did I mention... EYECANDY? ehehe I hope Atlus catches up with visuals, I like their Persona series. I wish they port their games to PC.(Not related, but have you tried fighting Dante from Devil May Cry Series in Atlus' Nocturne? It's insane, watch your team get tossed around with bullets and a giant sword.)

Another issue the leveling system. It's a bit hard to explain so I'll keep it short. If you try to increase your stats too early or too quickly, the game gets really, really hard. Annoying if you enjoy exploring. It's indirectly forcing you to go on with the main quest.

Archived