My edits don't appear

So I'm trying to add a bandage to a particular spot on a table. It's an item from the horizon mod. I've tried several times, and the bandage simply isn't there when I check the area in game. I re-load the mod into the creation kit, and there's nothing there. I replace the bandage, save, and try again. Same thing, no bandage in game or in the mod when I reload it in the kit.
I'm at wits end here.
Edit: I'm using mod organizer if that matters. I don't think that's what's causing it. I can add items to the world from the vanilla game.

Edit again:
It looks like it's just the way the creation kit works? I can't make a mod that adds items from another mod. Thats... a terrible limitation.

Edited by SirDanest

It looks like it's just the way the creation kit works? I can't make a mod that adds items from another mod. Thats... a terrible limitation.

Indeed it is.

There's a mod, a collection of patches, which removes this limitation among other things.

Indeed it is.

There's a mod, a collection of patches, which removes this limitation among other things.

Amazing! It worked. I'd thought at first that it was hopeless when I saw that items from other mods couldn't be used in a second mod. And it's faster now too. Thanks.