Reinstall mods after reinstalling the game.

REALNeoHunter

ok this is kinda pointless... why would you reinstall skyrim, reactive all of the same mods and play the same save? this will achieve nothing... if you have a problem within your save it isn't going away with a reinstall, also it'd be a hell of a lot quicker to verify the integrity of your game cashe (vanilla skyrim files) to achieve the same results... you cant install all of your mods at once unless you back up all the files/folders created by said mods, reinstall skyrim and then simply click and drag them back to their original place... but again this wouldn't fix whatever problem your having.. maybe elaborate a little more on why you want to do this

Can't you just clone your hard drive? Google cloning hard drives and you'll find apps that'll port data over in a quick and easy fashion. I'm going to do a new pc build next week and am thinking of cloning, but admittedly I think a fresh start is sometimes the best way to go.

If you want to do things manually then you're going to need to remember which order / priority you gave to your installed mods. I normally take a picture or two of my NMM so I have a visual reference to the mods installed, then backup all the required mod files from your designated NMM download directory. Obviously backup your save files and your .ini files (if you've modified them) - then if you haven't actually made a Steam game backup then I'd also advise you uninstall all of your mods and once Skyrim is back to being completely unmodded make a game backup in Steam so it can be restored later without having to re-download it.

Once you have your new SSD up and running simply restore the game (including save, ini files plus other things like SKSE if you use them), reinstall NMM, replace the mod files back into NMMs designated mod download folder, launch NMM and activate the mods. When activating the mods you can either do this in the order of main mods first then one by one overwrite them with smaller mods and let NMM overwrite anything when prompted, or you can install them in any order at decide while installing each mod which one will prioritise over another.

LargeStyle is pretty much right here. I got a new SSD drive as well and without any headaches or severe issues cloned my drive. It was easy and did it all while I slept that night. Would save you a lot of unneeded pain and suffering.

Edited by Reaper0021