SSE crash on load issues - I'd love help

UplandAlien
Go to solution Solved by rmm200,

My first time actually using a forums post, sorry if it's in the wrong place!

So, I'm having some real crashing issues with my game. Every time I launch the game, it starts to load ENB shaders and then it crashes before I ever get to the main menu. I know for a fact it's something with the mods I have, since it launches when none of them are active. I had to manually untangle a knot of cyclical load order rules in Vortex, I've been using wrye bash to root out any obvious incompatibilities (and use the bashed patch), and I constantly re-organize stuff in LOOT. I went through all of the warnings in LOOT and used SSEEdit to clean each plugin individually - and I made sure to download the patches I was missing. I should also note I'm on the version of SSE just before the anniversary edition update (since that gutted many mods). I used the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Downgrade Patcher (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57618) to get that done, and then set my steam library key thing (whatever it's called) to read-only to keep it from updating. I'm honestly at a loss and kinda frustrated, and I'd really love some help if someone has time. Thanks :smile:

Load Order is attached as a txt file (taken from LOOT):

• Solution

I am afraid you are in a "divide and conquer" situation.

Disable half your mods and Deploy.

Game does not load? Divide that half in half and try again.

Game does load? Add half the remaining mods and try again.

You get the idea. Eventually you will wind up with a small set that keeps the game from loading.

Let us know how it goes.

I am afraid you are in a "divide and conquer" situation.

Disable half your mods and Deploy.

Game does not load? Divide that half in half and try again.

Game does load? Add half the remaining mods and try again.

You get the idea. Eventually you will wind up with a small set that keeps the game from loading.

Let us know how it goes.

Ahhh... yeah that's what I was afraid of lol. Was hoping to avoid that if at all possible but I don't see any other way out. Thanks for the advice! I'll update here when I have the time to sit down and give that a try