How to make a mod for AFE

EDIT: I'M f*#@ING RETARDED
Bruh I spent 3 days figuring this s#*! out and later on come to find fmodel f*#@ign exists.

Fmodel: FModel

You'll need the AES Key though which is 0x091404DAA65060786C5A9B5D59443185F2D2C47724E6F1648C0BBBF850AD96C1 or you can get it and other game's keys at CS.RIN.RU - Steam Underground Community • View topic - Collection of AES encryption keys for UE4/5 games

Not only is there an easier way to extract the files but editing and packing is easier too
Editor: Releases · atenfyr/UAssetGUI (github.com)

Packer: http://fluffyquack.com/tools/unrealpak.rar

To unpack the game open Fmodel and select the directory ...\Aliens Fireteam Elite\Endeavor\Content\Paks and engine version 4.25. in the top left of the program select Directory>AES and paste the full AES key. Most game data is stored in pakchunk0 while I believe pakchunk1 is pathogen content. Open whichever pak(s) you want and then you can browse all the files. You can export everything or just a specific folder/file. Just right click and select "Export Package's Raw Data". There are also options to extract other types of assets like textures and models/animations.

We can edit some values in Endeavor\Content\Design\ClassDefs here we can choose something like Player_Demolisher.csv and edit with notepad. Copy the file into UnrealPak and create a folder named soemthing like Mod_P. copy the file path by recreating the same name folders inside Mod_P. So if you found it in Endeavor\Content\Design\ClassDefs, it needs to go back in Endeavor\Content\Design\ClassDefs but in the new mod folder.
You will see a lot of repeating values in the class csv and that's because they are the stats for each level 1-20, so to fully change something here you will need to change it for every level.
When you're done editing it's time to pack it. Drag Mod_P to UnrealPak-With-Compression.bat
Put that sucker in the ~mods folder of AFE and you're good to go. Congrats you made a mod!
Edited by B33fj3rky44

Addendum: if you want to edit a uasset/uexp pair, then open the uasset with the asset editor.

A couple places to find things are...

Weapon stats: Endeavor\Content\Design\ChassisDefs

Character stats: Endeavor\Content\Design\ClassDefs

Class abilities and perks: Endeavor\Content\Blueprints\Classes

Generic perks: Endeavor\Content\Blueprints\Perks

Edited by B33fj3rky44

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tried to unpack the game's PAK files using the UnrealPak you linked but it failed. It's like the game's PAK files are protected or something. I was able to unpack the already available mods in Nexus and repack them again.

Is there a way to unpack the game's data?

Hey sorry for not responding sooner. Fmodel is the tool to unpack the game. you just need to use the AES key and it will work. you can even selectively unpack stuff. As for Design not existing I'm redownloading the game right now so I will look into it. Please feel free to message me on Discord my username is wr4th_0f_d0g and I can walk you through everything there much easier

Edit: I realize that I forgot to describe the usage of fmodel so please forgive me for that. I might fix that at some point, but until then anyone who needs help can reach me directly on discord.

Edited by B33fj3rky44

• 4 weeks later...

I'm mainly interested in trying to mod some skins for the game. I thought that using some already existing Street Fighter 5 skins as a base would work since the game is also running on UE4 (albeit a different version) and as such replacing the uassets in the already few existing skin mods would work but i just can't get it to work. Apparently the game reads from the ubulk and not the uasset in the pak. Do you have any advice on that ? (And yes I made ne pak name end in _P just in case it might be that !)

• 2 weeks later...

The forum was locked for some it seems. Had to contact nexus support and should be fine now.

I'm actually trying to work out a way to swap xeno mesh models and ideally spawns (like swapping spitters for warriors). Still looking through but haven't worked out anything yet.

• 2 months later...

I read swapping regular aliens for spitters and almost had a heart attack ! As for swapping meshes, given how UE4 works I imagine that you still need to recompile everything as the ubuk is its own esoteric thing. Albeit when you look at the popular mod for enhancing the two stupid synths it is actually only 14kb so there must be a way to swap easily. The main issue everyone wanting to mod the game has is the utter lack of any guide while at the same time UE modding is messy as hell to begin with.