SPECIAL

Abramul

If anyone here has played the Fallout series, you probably remember the stat system used for it:

Strength

Perception

Endurance

Charisma

Intelligence

Agility

Luck

So, now that BethSoft has bought the Fallout franchise,

1. Can they use this system

2. Should they use it?

3. Would we get a ScampBoy? (Or a PipScamp)

I should certainly hope that they don't use that for Oblivion - and it certainly wouldn't fit in with their current "mood," or general direction of production.  Although, most of those are traditional RPG character traits...

Yes, I would tend to agree. The system of leveling up is way too outdated and overused. It's like saying the same joke over and over again, it's just no fun anymore. It'd be better if somebody could think up a new system.

It'd be better if somebody could think up a new system.

With that said, do we think that Bethsoft will use a new levelling system, or keep the one from MW?

In my opinion, Oblivion will use a tweaked version of the MW one, as i think thats the way of the future, sort of. Some people have said that the Athletics and Acrobatics skills made you level up unnaturally fast, so they might have to change how some of the feaures are used. I'd also like to see the combat system impact more on the levelling system. For example, if you use a large amount of jumping, dodging attacks, your Agility would improve. however, if your combat style favoured going toe-to-toe and blocking attacks with a shield, your Strength would go up. I'm not sure how much this was used in MW (i know a bit, but not to what degree) but more of this would be good.

Well, they've already stated that the leveling system will be very similar to that of Morrowind's, with the same stats(although the skill set will most likely be tweaked, different, and better balanced).

We can expect to see a considerable amount of balancing work done on Oblivion, because the devs intend for a player to be able to play a pure-combat, pure-stealth, or pure-magicka character with no penalty for not picking up longsword :P .

Archived