Paradise Falls The Way It Should Be

Commissar1032

Before I begin please take a look at this picture http://fallout3.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/stripmall_m.jpg Now what would you rather see... Paradise Falls concept version or what I feel is a kinda damn tiny and butchered version of that concept. Now I am no mapper,skinner,modeler, or coder but I think if some one had enough free time and ambition they could make Paradise Falls come to life. I mean sure Bethesda still made a good Paradise Falls but come on if they really put more time into it they could have made it look as good as the concept.

I would have liked to have seen some productive activity and some gruesome, pitt-esque stuff going on at paradise falls. the slaves just seem to loiter behind a fence, which isn't all that different from what the rest of the npcs do.

Maybe someone should add some of the NPCs from the Pitt to Paradise Falls.

The ingame Paradise Falls is ok, but the concept design was awesome. In the game, the place looks like a small round town with some baddies that normally don't do anything else than wander the town. Also, I think that killing the barman on your arrival was not the best idea. Evil town without a tabern? lol.

In any case, it would be great to have a more open, bigger Paradise Falls. But it's a big project and needs a big team.

i always did like that concept pic.. i'm the guy all the way in the back walking down the road...

a more larger,active paradise falls was always something i dreamed of. when i met the tard gate keeper grouse.. he made it up to be this super vip access base of slavers,so i figured "dang..there has to be some evil poo going on in there" but when i got in all i saw was a bunch of slavers walking cluelessly and a couple annoying kids who wanted me to free them (you can't even eat the kids..w t f)

I've thought about expanding paradise falls since it's in it's own worldspace meaning i can expand and expand without actually colliding with the dc wastes,but i've been so busy building my own Alien race of invaders along with bases,attack ships,weapons and armor that i hardly have the time.. i already have my own group of slaves too..buuuut.. maybe once i am all done here i will walk on over to PF and get me a few more...that sarcastic douche Grouse is first on my list.

IF i ever do expand PF, this forum will be the first to know.

I never liked "the slavers who never did anything" either. They were supposed to be the baddest of the bad, and I felt ripped off.

besides more fluff in terms of space and interior cells, I'd like to see slaver activities actually going on. I love that picture with the slavers posing for a snapshot with their catch of the day. It also reminds me of Op Anchorage, where the soldiers were posing for the anchorage memorial. Perhaps those animations could be used, except with the NPCs dressed in slaver garb. I'd also like to see firing squads, like when you first step into the pitt downtown. On that note, the slaves should be working, and all the resources for that are in The Pitt. We could also use pitt NPC dialogue to fill paradise falls with more characters that actually talk.

Moving beyond the scope of just the town, I want more slaver activity all around. Right now, slavers are like fictional boogeymen who scares everyone else, but never actually do anything evil. I want to see more slavers hauling their "goods" throughout the land, and if possible, I want to see people actually buy them. There should be more people like leeroy walker, who hunted down runaway slaves.

And lastly, on a totally irrelevant note, I hated the quest where you freed the child slaves. Before I ever talked to McCreedy, I purchased the slaves legitimately off of eulogy. I almost threw my computer out the window after I found out my only dialogue choices with the children were "shut up or I won't free you" or "I'm here to bust you guys out."

all good stuff.. and you reminded me that you can literally make an ingame scenario of that concept. you can use the poses of the OP anchorage soldiers,apply to slavers and place a dead brotherhood member in front of them. it's not that hard and i'd do it if i had a DLC.( i have anchorage on xbox:playing it right now) but don't have the access key to access LIVE on my pc..so no DLC on my laptop)

not to sound like a perv

but i would would imagine a slaver town would have a brothel, a tavern *with a bartender*

a couple look out towers and maybe could have some slaves doing maintenance to walls and such (The Pitt the slaves working in the MIll same concept) and a few throw pillows

heh, you mean like Evergreen Mills? (always thought it was a waste that you couldn't interact with that place other than with your gun.)

Archived