High Quality Vault Suit Remake?

vd1942

Recently there have been plenty of great high quality retextures or remodels of most of the important armors and clothing in New Vegas, but I've noticed vault suits are an exception. There are some upscaled or slightly retextured vault suit mods, which are good in their own right, but they're still directly using the default texture. I don't personally like the vault suit in Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but I think it can be greatly improved with a retexture that's made from scratch.

I attempted to make one myself, but I have absolutely no experience with custom textures. Besides the default vanilla normal map, the suit is completely lacking in detail, and I doubt I could do any better than this myself. However, I can provide the base texture I made if it helps anyone who decides to take a crack at this.

As for the design, I would be grateful for pretty much any take on a high quality remake for the vault suit, but my personal preference would be to keep the design simple and 'retro'. I think the vault suit in Fallout 76 (or something similar) would be perfect for this game, but again, I would be happy to see anything new. Thanks!