Anachronox on steam

Kuerva

so i found a rpg that kind of reminds me of the old Star wars Knights of the old republic games and i thought i'd ask the powers that be here on the nexus to consider mod support for the game as i've looked on google and do know it is moddable and there are tools for it but sadly no real community behind it, it looks to be a very cool game and even if its only texture modding this game looks to have great potential the game Anachronox is on steam for 6.99 if anyone wants to take a look at it if you like it and agree there could be some fun to be had here with mods than please get back to me i'd love to hear everyones thoughts on this

I don't mean to be too negative, Anachronox looks like a good game and I'll get it if it goes on sale. However, the chances of a modding community reviving around 12 year old games are slim to none. Even NWN2 didn't get a lot of support when a Nexus was added, and it's a newer more widely known game with robust mod tools.

I wish games like Anachronox still had modders hanging around, especially since some great old games like Jedi Outcast and Arx Fatalis have recently had their source code released, but I just don't think it's going to happen.

Edited by Rennn

i think people just need to play the game first in order to see if they think its worth it yeah the games old and the chances of it getting a strong modding community are slim but the tools are there and there is still a chance wich is why i'm trying to push people in its direction its on the G2 engine and with some texture replacers possibly some sort of addition of new meshes we could get it to look almost brand new i mean look at morrowind the game is almost as ancient but people still mod it and people still play it so its not about the age so much as the initiative if people enjoy it they'll want more out of it wich is what mods provide now i'm not asking for prospective modders to rip it apart and put it back together although if someone wants to try i won't stop them but the game is great the only problem is that its got glitch problems and the likelyhood of this game still being supported by the creators is pretty much ziltch

• 2 years later...