Crash when I try to enter Whiterun

bluetunes3

This doen't seem to happen with other cities. I first assumed the problem to be the "new life" mod I installed that starts the game in a prison cell with a statue of Mara. Unistalled it and started a new game with same problem. I have no idea how to post my load order. I see these "spoiler" things but I don't see how to use them.

Edited by bluetunes3

1st things 1st: Are you using BOSS to sort your load order? If not, that's the 1st step to making sure your game is more stable when it's modded. Get BOSS here:http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6//?

Extract and run BOSS. Let it sort your load order. A crash during transition to any area is usually caused by things such as mod conflict (load order) and sometimes dirty edits, etc. Using BOSS and becoming familiar with load order can and will make life a lot easier for you when using mods. And not just for Skyrim, but Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout series and so on.

Edited by Reaper0021

If you want to post your load order you either have to type the entire list out first using something like Notepad. Or you can use BOSS to organize your load order and when it is done it will open your browser to show you how it thinks your load order should be. Just select all the text from the list it gives you and past that here.

In order to put it in a Spoiler button you simply put {spoiler} before your load order and {/spoiler} afterwards. You need to use [ and ] instead of { and }. I only used the wrong brackets because if I used the right one then it would not have written it but would have just put everything I put in between into a Spoiler button.

As for crashing when you enter Whiterun, are you using a mod to change the way Whiterun looks? I did and my system couldn't handle it.

Based on my experience modding cities, crashes in cities are usually the result of city overhauls (depending on the mod), and mods that add NPCs. Both of those with any sort of lighting overhaul will also strain your system. Of course, it depends on how much your computer can handle (some can run all three of these no problem).