Delete Ballistic Weave

Frank0815

hi,

so, i think ballistic weave is okay but op, so i'd like to delete only mk2, 3, 4 and 5 and keep only mk1. is it possible to get rid of those? cause when i look in fo4edit, i find it under 'object modification' but i dont see the option 'remove'.

Hiya Frank :)

Ok, so first and foremost, I wanna mention that the vanilla files in the .esm cannot be modified. They have to be copied, as an override, into a separate .esl or .esp file, where they can then be modified in the new file. You can start that process by Right Clicking on the file that you want to work with.

You may or may not already know that, so just bringing it up to cover bases ;)

In my experience, flat out deleting the armor values for those upgrades, sounds like it could cause you some issues later on down the road, especially if you are using other mods that could use those values in their settings. Like, say... a mod that pregenerates an outfit that uses those settings, as part of when the outfit is created by the game.

I thnk, I'd actually recommend just neutering them. By setting their bonuses to the same as what you are comfortable with, in level 1.

This way, the settings are STILL THERE, but just much lower. This way, you could avoid future conflicts.

I'd also recommend putting your new modification low in your LO (load order) so that it will override settings from other mods, as long as those mods continue to use the vanilla assets for BW/.

That said, after creating the file. I would not recommend activating it, as soon as you are done with it, as it could affect items that you already have in your game. I'd go in, and create a new manual save first. With the items that you have. And then, I'd get rid of the items that will be affected, and create another manual save afterwards.

Activate your mod, then playtest the first manual save that you made to see if there are any bugs. If there are, you will need to go with the second save that you created.

Good luck with your mod, hope that this helps :)

Ok, finally found one! This is base level. This is a thumbnail, so click on it, and it will open the screenshot in a new window or tab for you.

EVqgWKtB_t.jpg

Top left corner with the blue arrow, is the total path to the file that I was editing.

So. Right click on the file, choose copy as override, create a .esp file, and save the new copy to your new .esp file.

Rinse and repeat with the other levels of the BW armor addons.

Now, in your new .esp file.

Click on the one you want to edit, on the right side. Hold down the shift key, and single left click on two more that you want to edit. That SHOULD open up 3 of them, all at once, on the right side of the screen. IF you did it correctly. Don't worry, or get frustrated, Xedit is finicky with this function and it takes some practice. You'll get the hang of it :wink:

Once you have them open, scroll down almost to the bottom of the list, where you see DamageTypeValue.

I have it highlighted in Yellow, that the value is for dtEnergy. This means, that this value is for the energy resistance offered by this ballistic weave level.

The numeric value listed directly below it, (Red arrow, pink highlight) is the actual value of the resistance. THIS is what you want to edit. In this case, it is 30.

So what you will want to do. Is click on, and hold down your left mouse button on the 30. Now, drag the 30 over into the same box for the higher level of the BW. When you have it in that box, release the mouse button to drop that number into that box. If you do it correctly, it will replace the higher level value, with the 30. Then do the same, and drag it into the next BW level that you have open.

Now, since some BW's have more than one resistance type, you can drag the 30 into the boxes for the other resistance types too. Or edit them as you want. While you can put a "O" (zero) in there, there's no fun in that! ;) Actually, I don't recommend it. at least a 1 to 5, just so the game engine doesn't go "Erk!"

Once you've got all of them edited, press and hold the CTRL key, and tap the S key. This will save your work.

Hope this helps :smile:

hello,
so...
this isnt easy for me cause of the language barrier and i dont know how to upload screenshots somewhere, but:
i didnt understand everything you wrote, but i tried my best :) and i changed dtEnergy. now that only changed the energy resistance (as you wrote) but not the damage resistance. the damage resistance changed after i edited the '30' a couple lines above, under 'Property - Rating', 'Value 1 - Int'.
so i changed both of the 30s to 10 and ingame it worked, both damage and energy resistance is 10.
now my question is, if i did it correct, or: what does the 'Rating' stand for?

Hi Frank! I am sooo sorry for taking so long to answer. It has been a really busy week at work!

But I am really glad that you worked it out on your own, from the picture that I posted.

I am glad that you are happy :) :)