Desert Rangers

DylanF1

Why not work around the mythos of the Desert rangers, bring an air of mystery to them, similar to the Burned Man. It doesn't have to be even five rangers, just three or four with wander packages in custom armor. Maybe get some voice acting done, some scripting, and some cool glowey eye ranger helms.

Think of it sort of similar to Orion; Enclave, in secret.

Same thing, they were considered MIA shortly after the announcement of the ranger unification treaty, and each went there own way, but morals and lifestyle remain, so they spend there days as simple hunters or traders, and at night walk the sandy planes of the mojave as ghosts of a past era.

Seems Legit Bro,

Payton

• 2 weeks later...

Thing is the desert ranger armor is distinct enough from black armor that people could tell the difference from color alone. And besides NCR has no monopoly on that armor design anymore than it does on any combat armor.

The big reason to justify a Nevada Ranger remnant is a group demanding to stay local and promising to stay out of NCRs way. This would also let the remnants do things in legion or house territory that NCR itself wouldn't want to take heart for.

Mind you this would require a generic Desert Ranger outfit as the one in HH is a very specific armor. For me that's great because I HATED the desert ranger retxt. The color scheme was great, but the decals were not my thing and I don't think they did the armor justice until lonesome road.

• 5 months later...

This mod could be doable and I enjoy the sound of this. I am doing a HUGE mod that is an overhaul with lots of new stuff. I was going to add a few factions and this sounds PERFECT :blush:

I was thinking a group of desert rangers 10 - 20 with 5 - 10 of them named. of course it would be honest hearts desert ranger armor. im not sure about helmet though. if you havent seen it it says " FORGIVE ME MAMA ". The un-named rangers could have normal ncr ranger helmet but the named ones a beret or something :ninja: :nuke: :laugh: if i implement this you will be credited with the idea of course. I notice this is late but i am pretty sure you are an active member in the community :blush:

This mod could be doable and I enjoy the sound of this. I am doing a HUGE mod that is an overhaul with lots of new stuff. I was going to add a few factions and this sounds PERFECT :blush:

I was thinking a group of desert rangers 10 - 20 with 5 - 10 of them named. of course it would be honest hearts desert ranger armor. im not sure about helmet though. if you havent seen it it says " FORGIVE ME MAMA ". The un-named rangers could have normal ncr ranger helmet but the named ones a beret or something :ninja: :nuke: :laugh: if i implement this you will be credited with the idea of course. I notice this is late but i am pretty sure you are an active member in the community :blush:

That sounds like a great idea! You could always just retexture the helmet to not include the writing on it! I have a texture that will remove the writing so when you get to that portion of the mod, I can send you that texture! Which I will give credit to the appropriate person for! devinpatterson is the one who provided that texture for me! For a mod I have been working on.

That sounds like a great idea! You could always just retexture the helmet to not include the writing on it! I have a texture that will remove the writing so when you get to that portion of the mod, I can send you that texture! Which I will give credit to the appropriate person for! devinpatterson is the one who provided that texture for me! For a mod I have been working on.

Yes whenever i get to that portion i will let you know! glad i could help.

Yes whenever i get to that portion i will let you know! glad i could help.

Great! I am glad that someone is picking up on this idea! I have been working on my other ideas haha