Mods that used to work 2020, does not work properly 2022

Pellape

I do not recall which exact version of Skyrim SE I had 2020 but I may find it if needed, with some research. :wink:

I use 1.5.97.0.8 right now, with almost a complete mod list from the CK Club and many other cool mods, quest mods basicly but also build mods based on those 3 houses we can build when we becomes Thane in Falkreach among one of the 3 as well. I did notice this problem occured in a early stage, after I tried t build the 1st house.

• Walls do not show up
  • Some Buildings do not show up

I did managed to cheat some, looking in CK of what was missing and tried different ways to fix it and many of my manual fixes from Console did work, no doubt but not all.

So many quests that used to work just fine 2020 are broken. Dialogues do not show up properly, quest stages do not proceed as expected. One way we solve issues in Oblivion is to turn off and on mods, 50/50 and see if the problems stop or gets solved. Well, it is not so easy when I have over 250 mods installed for sure. This is Skyrim, not Oblivion. They do differ a lot and I sure know how to solve a broken quest in Oblivion as I try to make patches for them as well.

This is my current problem and I do not want to peek inside CK about Rigmor of Bruma, as I really do not want to break the nice story at all. It is among the most Immersive mods I played and I want it to stay that way, if possible. I will be forced to open it in CK if no one will be able to give a hint... :wink: So far it worked so great and maybe it still does? Quests do not trigger exactly where you think they should trigger, so I learned in Skyrim, just stay patient, look around the corner. Do enter the next cell, instead of just stay there waiting for the quest stage to trigger and so on. I know that the quest timer is default 3s in Oblivion by default and it might be similar in Skyrim, IDnK. So I put my current issue inside a spoiler.

So We went to Bruma to meet Ba'Ren-Dar and he did tell me that he would need a lot of time researching stuff, in Cyrodiil and also Elseweyr but after I left Riften, Rigmor should followed as the quest now is at the stage - Check On Rigmor. She was in the Basement of Riften last time I did see her. That was after we killed the Bounty Hunters so I expected to see her outside the south gate, but she is not there and the Map cannot find her as you see in the bottom of my screenshot.

77985963-1658394690.png

I could check the ref ID in CK, and move her to me. The Summon Rigmor scroll does not work. I could check the stage, set the stage to next stage as well. But I do not wanna break this quest, so I really want to be sure, which option is best to move on in this very fun quest.

So what other mods are broken in similar ways now that used to work 2020? Well Helgen Reborn and Valley of Outcasts, both mods, 1 and 2. I bet there are more quests and mods... :wink:

So far I did not had any issues with any mods made by Bethesda nor Original content. Not that I did a lot of those but some. Still, none of those are broken yet.

My Load order is in the attached Plugins.txt file.

Edited by Pellape

I just got a confirm, more than I have or had this issue. I also got 2 suggestions about how to solve it at the site for DL Rigmor of Bruma here at Nexus, at the forum. It is good that mod use many small quests. She is inviss, the other player tried to disable and enable her and that did not help at all. I will try different approaches, but tomorrow. I do await more suggestions first, so I do not break anything.

In one way, or another, I gonna solve this:

I will Getcha, I will find her. :D Rigmor that is ;)

Edited by Pellape

I found her.

Well I did write, that we often need to look around some while questing, so why did I not do that? Well she was further away than I thought. It was not easy to know which way she went honestly. I could search forever, and I sure did as well. :D Well here she was. I took her RefID from CK and tested to move to her and it worked.

77985963-1658448634.png

So, I had to give it up. Rigmor of Bruma that is. At quest 5, you need to follow the Stormcloaks leader back to the camp. I did see in a walkthrough as well how the narrateor had to struggle some to be able to get into the right spots, finding the small triggers, that seems to be where the quest markers are ppointing at, if you gat any that is, at the right spot, so I decided to go forward in the quest with setstage and that really broke the quest comletely :D So dialogues and similar do pop up, but the quest never go to the next stage after I did this. I cannot see the code in the quest either as the source seems gone or hidden in CK, There is comments in the Result windows, common comments, I could check them, well the point is I cannot see the result. I do not remember if I was able to see if there was a quest script or not and I will not check it up.

Some mods these days just work this way for me, well they do not work, not properly. Rigmor of Bruma also looked funnier as a mod than it really was, no offense, but her crying and whining at so many occasions in the story is really a bit to much for me. A Nord girl do not cry like that, not here in Sweden they do not... :wink: She is a wimp. Well, so I lost interest in that quest anyway. I do have a limit of how much immersion I really want :D That was beyond my limit. I did had an RPer in a guild I ran in Ultima Online that acted like that, I was playing along but I really got tired of her char after a couple of days, She did it too much and she was German and Germans do not act like wimps mostly either so that made no sense... :wink: Overplaying can be cool, in some events, but not the way she did it. :D I do have a limit really... :wink: Crying, whining, drinking, damn... Pull your self together and stop whining... For gods sake :D I want to have fun, not being bored to death. But the author Rigmor is a good RPer, no doubt, but her style does not fit me. I do get a feeling it is the same style used in FF7, all the deptimated stuff going on in between the actions, so damn over cute. Well Manga and Japanese stuff... :/ So annoying honestly. :D

Not that I want to solve any more issues in this mod. If it was working 100% or issues where eayse o solve, I had play every single quest. I do not say everything was boring, just to much whining :D And it is broken now...

Well I should try newer mods really. I do think it is the v1.5.97 version that does not work 100% properly, but that is a WILD guess.

Edited by Pellape

If you think I provided very vague details, well it is because it was a day between I checked it in CK and wrote the no sense above... ;) I could have taken some screenies... ;) Well NM.

I got Jerral Mountain to work properly with all side quests at least, after I forced the MQ to complete. The Outcast mod and the sequal...

Helgen is still a bloody mess... I have force completed several quests, wit no positive results at all. I might fix it manually in CK, if I now so desperate want Helgen to look nice and have access to the shops. It is not so important really. It is not the goal that is funniest as it is the journey. The funniest quests did work properly at least.

I will try Falskaar now and I guess it will work okay as it was updated 2017. We see... ;) The author do claim it has no issues at all and that it is working 100% in the description. That is a very brave statement I must add. :D Nothing works 100% if you ask me... ;) Murphys Law

I do guess, some modders do try to make quests stages to trigger in some odd ways. I have played Falskaar now for a week in a row, done loads of quests, but I am not done yet but it deems the author was right, when he claims it works 100% perfect, as it has done so 1 week straight. I really do not have a clue how many quests there is available in Falskaar but it works just great and is very very fun and immersive to play. :) What I did notice is that the authour do not try to make things complicated as Some stuff the NPC's is doing in Rigmor of Bruma, seems complicated but I do guess the triggerboxes or trigger areas are a bit to small for it to actually work properly. Well something do not work properly when we follow a Quest NPC, to a specific spot. That works perfect in Falskaar. Just speculations of course. I really enjoy Falskaar a alot.

Camping outside the mine in Amber Creek

77985963-1659286476.png

I did read what other players thoughts about Falskaar and they described similar issues that I have now with Rigmor, Helgen and the end quest of the Outcasts. It really seems to be a common problem. I do guess it is version related as Outcasts and Helgen did work perfect in my other play through 2020, and I guess I used v1.5.6 or something like that. Some that had issues, uses the VR version and I bet they use 1.6.something. This is of course just a wild guess. But when quests breaks, it sure spoils all the fun with that specific mod and thats a shame, as there are so many very nice mods available, but when I play, I cannot stop thinking, well when will this mod break? :/

Edited by Pellape

It happens. And afaik, most of us, be we LE, SE, AE, or VR have similar "trepidations" after a run of buggy mods and/or glitched play.

I'm not a VR player, but I think this advise still applies.

Stop installing more mods. Iron out your issues with whatever you have. Uninstall mods if you need. But don't add anything else. (that goes for anything except any missing dependencies which might need install as part of your "cleanup" on this configuraiton)

Once you've ironed out those issues?

Do not install more mods.

Instead, play.

Play until you've accomplished some things, until you've seen some stuff, until you've gotten some of the "kewl" that skyrim can give when it's not crashing. consistently. Avoid long duration stays in world, keep a good balance of interior vs exterior play (helps to keep clutter down imo/ime), save ~regularly (manual)

After that... then you can consider adding another mod (note my reference to a single mod)

fwiw ymmv all that

Yeapp, or just enter a portable tent, that will sort out some lag for sure, specially in Oblivion. :D

But I guess I seen some stuff, been playing 2011, 2020 before my third play through. But you do have a point. It is not only my version that is different as it is my whole setup, that is Camping, Frostfall, Hunterborn based. But the game do feel more stable than ever as it was a bloody mess 2011, with loads of daily crashes, to many low level made mods and sh't like that until CK came out 2012... So I am happy no matter what. I do think the game lags less if I relax in the exterior world for a while, let the scripts settle down a bit and do not try to run to many script dependent things at the same time. Still some quests in some mods does not trigger off as they should. When it comes to dependencies, I think I installed every SKSE addon available and needed by all different mods. So I sure check each dependency, always did since 2004.