no damage to non-hostile npcs

cdo478

One of the most frustrating aspects of Skyrim is when you are fighting along side a group of npcs, it's damn near impossible not to hurt them. I know there is a "no friendly fire" mod that works on companions, but what about all non-hostile npcs.

This is a feature in Elder Scrolls games that also annoys me. I beleive there is a hit forgiveness mechanic that lets you hit friendly NPCs a couple times in battle before they get hostile. If someone could bump up that number significantly, it would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that friendly fire is a problem. If you use UFO multi-follower framework mod, you get a dailogue option with your followers that lets them "forgive and forget" when your player causes them damage There are some other mods that try to deal with this issue with spells or spell-like abilities.

I have even equipped followers with white cloaks (from the Cloaks of Skyrim mod), to help me see them from behind at night and in the dungeons, since they tend to charge the enemy as soon as they can (a vanilla AI problem) and get in my way.

Another issue is that followers will happily set about killing each other due to friendly fire. UFO has a command “Stop Fighting” to help stop these situations, but it can be awkward if the bad guys are still standing.

For goody-two-shoes characters, the possibility of friendly fire or unintended collateral damage may cause more realistic choices in battle, for example, flinging a fireball to stop the cabbage thief may not be the best idea in the middle of town, or in a pitched melee with your followers all around. So we may not want friendly fire eliminated all together – just tweaked to make it more realistic.

• 1 year later...

it may be asking too much but id like a mechanic that allows for something along the lines of roy mustang in fullmetal alchemist

sufficient precision and control to incinerate a specific target. not just throw balls of fire around like a noob

u would think a master mage could do a little better than just throwing fire bolts at a fight and hoping a friendly doesn't get in the way.