Best combination of mods to enhance melee, ranged, and magic combat?

ImWarpedd

Well, first, I'd recommend trying Requiem as suggested above. It's a solid overhaul mod that has a huge following. It's worth checking out.

For combat & magic, I'm using these mods:

Immersive Difficulty Levels

Duel

Immersive Loot

Better Enemy AI

Proper Magic

Minimalist Magic Overhaul

Lore Mongering Beasts

Another Food Mod

Armor Rating-What you see if what you get

Well I tried requiem, and I think it's either broken, or extremely hardcore (I was being one shotted through block while wearing heavy armor with difficulty on novice, while enemies could take 10-15 hits at a time and be fine). So putting that aside, you feel that these mods add a much better all around combat?

From what you explained in Requiem, it sounds to me like you either didn't have the right perks, or you were fighting enemies in a cave/hideout. Be sure to have perks in heavy armor, one-handed, and block, if that's how you're playing. Enemies who've hunkered down in one place tend to be stronger. Plus, with Requiem, putting it on novice does nothing. The enemies are much more static, so if an area is too hard, it's just too hard, and you'll need to get stronger to take those kind of enemies on. And, if you choose to keep Requiem, my advice is to avoid mages until you've learned how to properly deal with them. They're high-tier enemies.

Also, if your enemies were also using heavier armor, they'd most likely take less damage from melee. And you never always know what your enemies are best at. So if they're hitting hard, they've probably got high weapon skills. The damage you do is also lowered depending on your stamina, so you may have to take that into consideration as well. Try getting a bow perk, or a perk in destruction, to see if that better suits your play-style with a new character.

Requiem is very similar to playing skyrim on legendary difficulty - all mobs one shot you especially early , except you also one shot them too. It also has many annoying features (like you lose stamina just by moving around , so first 10 levels are a huge drag) . it is also very unbalanced overall (though that is true for many other mods as well). later one you become still invincibly powerful and also if you know the requiem mechanics you can become super powerful from the start

Well I tried requiem, and I think it's either broken, or extremely hardcore (I was being one shotted through block while wearing heavy armor with difficulty on novice, while enemies could take 10-15 hits at a time and be fine). So putting that aside, you feel that these mods add a much better all around combat?

heavy armor is very bad in requiem. the best thing is to play archer in light armor and switch to 1h in melee. never block anything just move out of the attacks. get silver arrows for draugr in it is too easy

Edited by Dark_MadMax