See yourself in first person

ManOfGah

I don't know if this has been requested before (hard to come up with a search if you don't know what to call it), but basically I was hoping someone could make a mod where, if I look at my feet, I will see my body, instead of just being a flying camera with a gun. I don't know if this is possible, so if it isn't say it so I can let this thread die.

I'm pretty sure it is possible, though I can't do it. It would involve making a new firstperson mesh for every single armour and piece of clothing out there, and make dozens of different animations involving each of the pieces of armour/clothing. So essentially, it would probably take a group of modders some time to make this.

However, it's a good idea. It would be nice to play firstperson in this manner, like you did in Halo 2 and 3... :cool:

The only game, that did this at all, is Mirror's Edge, and they build a entire Game around this.

Why you request something, that isn't in most of all other First Person Games?

You can imagine, that it's not so easy to do well, if even most of game developers dont do it.

The only game, that did this at all, is Mirror's Edge, and they build a entire Game around this.

You can imagine, that it's not so easy to do well, if even most of game developers dont do it.

Don't forget Operation Flashpoint, for example, which, as far as I remember, is the oldest game to implement this, or the more recent FEAR. It's been done in quite a few first person games. Anyway... As Blank said, it was done for Oblivion, I even tried it. Though it was merely a workaround, replacing the first person mesh with a modded third person one, it wasn't too ugly, if you didn't mind seeing through your own chest. But since third person animations sucked in Oblivion (and FO3), it may be wiser to leave it the way it already is.

loads of games have done it, thief 3, dark messiah, fear, call of juarez, GRAW, etc..etc....I think arx fatalis or something like that had it years and years ago...

I like the oblivion mod, even if its a bit glitchy

Archived