Just a Question

kennyimpala

I was wondering if people, when are banned their vote still counts.....

I'm asking this because I had a rating 9/10, it was the only user that rated me that,

and now the file is fixed, and has been improved, therefore the rating that is in consideration right now

for example according to other users is a 10... but the person that rated me a 9 is banned.

what happens in this situation?

since the file improved, the ratings might go up, but the only user that cannot consider his rating is because he is banned?

thanks in advance for your quick response.

kenny

Normally we don't remove ratings from banned members, removing good ratings just because they aren't a perfect 10 are seldom removed.

Unless the comment for the rating is a comparison to another mod, and demanded change or plainly states that they haven't tried the mod and similar situations.

Buddah

Normally we don't remove ratings from banned members, removing good ratings just because they aren't a perfect 10 are seldom removed.

Unless the comment for the rating is a comparison to another mod, and demanded change or plainly states that they haven't tried the mod and similar situations.

Buddah

thank you very much for your response :)

If a member was banned for vote abuse, it is quite possible every vote they made was removed (good or bad).

You might also want to keep in mind that the vast majority of people will not re-rate a mod even if their suggestions / recommendations were implemented by the author. This happens even if they "say" they will re-rate if the mod is improved. The fact is, most do not for whatever reason (such as not playing anymore, no longer interested in the mod they reviewed, etc.).

This should not detract from gaining useful information from people that tried out your mod. You should decide for yourself if you will make the changes or not. Mod for yourself and if you like the ideas / suggestions by others and decide to incorporate them, then all the better for your mod and for the community.

LHammonds

If a member was banned for vote abuse, it is quite possible every vote they made was removed (good or bad).

You might also want to keep in mind that the vast majority of people will not re-rate a mod even if their suggestions / recommendations were implemented by the author. This happens even if they "say" they will re-rate if the mod is improved. The fact is, most do not for whatever reason (such as not playing anymore, no longer interested in the mod they reviewed, etc.).

This should not detract from gaining useful information from people that tried out your mod. You should decide for yourself if you will make the changes or not. Mod for yourself and if you like the ideas / suggestions by others and decide to incorporate them, then all the better for your mod and for the community.

LHammonds

You have always been a good admin, I always take your advice into account ;)

Hi Kenny,

I just want to share that a 9 is not at all a bad rating. Some people give 10s to every mod. I don't do that. If I really like a mod I will give them an 8 or a 9. I don't think I've given a 10 yet. 10 means mind blowingly good to me. You think I'm being too hard?

Maybe I need to change my rating scale?

It upsets me that you think a 9 is a bad rating. I've voted so many 8s and 9s and now I'm wondering if the modders think I was being mean because I wasn't.

:(

Oh boy. They all probably hate me. :confused:

Everyone is is pretty much in agreement that the ratings system needs a rework of some type and Dark0ne is aware of the problems and is working to come up with a system that will preclude some of the abuse.

Normally a rating of 8 or 9 is not removed with out a cause.

Some will be though when they are based on compatibility, known issues that are included in the description, or are completely subjective i.e. I don't like that shade of red can you make it brighter; things like that may be removed.

No mod will ever be compatible with every installation, that is a fact.....some are not even compatible with Oblivion.

Others may be based on the known limitations of the game engine itself will be removed.

When a comment is qualified with, this would have been a 10, if......., they are usually removed. "If"; was not the intent of the mod author.

Buddah

Everyone is is pretty much in agreement that the ratings system needs a rework of some type and Dark0ne is aware of the problems and is working to come up with a system that will preclude some of the abuse.

Normally a rating of 8 or 9 is not removed with out a cause.

Some will be though when they are based on compatibility, known issues that are included in the description, or are completely subjective i.e. I don't like that shade of red can you make it brighter; things like that may be removed.

No mod will ever be compatible with every installation, that is a fact.....some are not even compatible with Oblivion.

Others may be based on the known limitations of the game engine itself will be removed.

When a comment is qualified with, this would have been a 10, if......., they are usually removed. "If"; was not the intent of the mod author.

Buddah

I agree...

I think people that work hard on mods should be recognized, specially if you are improving that specific part that didn't make you have a 10.

once you achieve that one thing that got you a 9, people should be considerate and rate you back a 10.

however I think is the responsibility of every modder to make sure issues are addressed

Archived