How to pass an esp file to esl?

elsa43

Hello, I installed a lot of mode in esm or esl. But there, when I start a new game. The character creation menu does not launch. Do you have any idea where this problem comes from, please? I wonder if this problem is not due to the loading order. Because with plugins in esm or esl, the loading order does not change much with organizer mode.

Bonjour, j'ai installée pas mal de mode en esm ou esl. Mais là, quand je lance une nouvelle partie. Le menu de création du personnage ne se lance pas. Avez vous une idée d'où ce problème provient, svp? Je me demande si ce problème ne provient pas de l'ordre de chargement. Car avec les plugin en esm ou esl, l'ordre de chargement ne change pas grand chose avec mode organizer.

I wonder if this problem is not due to the loading order.

The character creation menu ("CharGen") is quite complex (animations, behavior files, interface, calling functions of the native game code, etc.) so if you have a lot of mods, unfortunately, it can be anything.

You can try this:

- rearrange your load order: just rearrange it randomly (only for testing). Start a new game to see if it helped.

- if it didn't work: disable all your mods, start a new game, then

- if it works: enable your mods (one or two at a time) to find the culprit mod

- if it doesn't work: open your Fallout4/Data/Interface folder and look for a file named "LooksMenu.swf". If you have one, rename it so the game won't load it. Try to start a new game.

- if that didn't work either: open your Fallout4/Data/Meshes folder and look for the folder "Animations". Rename the folder so the game won't load anything from it. Try to start a new game.

- if that didn't work either: check to see if you need to update F4SE (if you have F4SE at all).

- if that didn't work either: rename the folders Fallout4/Data/Interface and Fallout4/Data/Meshes (if you have such folders), so the game won't load their content. Try to start a new game.

- if that didn't work either: then you may need to use the Papyrus log and some custom debug scripts..

• 2 weeks later...

I feel compelled to point out two things:

1) in FO4edit you should right click the esp name and "compact forms for esl" FIRST.

Had one esl that was out of bounds and wonked up my game hard unitl I fixed it.

(That was Clipboard BTW, I just changed that form's ID within ESL limits and is fine now).

2) Recently discovered that if a mod makes "cell edits", it may also be a poor candidate for esl conversion (according to fo4edit IIRC, not even sure it will let you).

Flipping the header flag is easy, but does not guarantee successful conversion.

FYI: the easiest full game backup is just to put it all in a *.7z file, outside your game install folder, works for individual files too, but pretty sure the game can open compressed files in the installed directory.

Steam and other backup methods are much slower and less reliable in comparison to the above method.

I wonder if this problem is not due to the loading order.

The character creation menu ("CharGen") is quite complex (animations, behavior files, interface, calling functions of the native game code, etc.) so if you have a lot of mods, unfortunately, it can be anything.

You can try this:

- rearrange your load order: just rearrange it randomly (only for testing). Start a new game to see if it helped.

- if it didn't work: disable all your mods, start a new game, then

- if it works: enable your mods (one or two at a time) to find the culprit mod

- if it doesn't work: open your Fallout4/Data/Interface folder and look for a file named "LooksMenu.swf". If you have one, rename it so the game won't load it. Try to start a new game.

- if that didn't work either: open your Fallout4/Data/Meshes folder and look for the folder "Animations". Rename the folder so the game won't load anything from it. Try to start a new game.

- if that didn't work either: check to see if you need to update F4SE (if you have F4SE at all).

- if that didn't work either: rename the folders Fallout4/Data/Interface and Fallout4/Data/Meshes (if you have such folders), so the game won't load their content. Try to start a new game.

- if that didn't work either: then you may need to use the Papyrus log and some custom debug scripts..

The only thing that I want to add to LarannKiar's advice... is to make a backup of your load order FIRST.

(That's gonna vary, on how to do it, depending on how you install your mods, and which installer you use.)

Making a lot of changes to your load order can mess up your savegames.

So if the test that Larann recommended, does not solve the problem on your test character, you do NOT want to play your regular characters on the re-organized load order, you want to play them on the old one that you had before.