[HELP] I'm making some custom armor with transparency, need some i

turken

Sup! I'm trying to add some transparency to a few armors and i need some help with either info or other.

Greatly thankfull and much appreciations for any help at all :laugh:

For info, i'm using t3m body and in this particular case i'm tinkering with T3Ms chinese stealth armor to create a semi transparent chest plate.

The textures i've done before so that part went well. For Nifskope and alpha property i found a quick guide so that went smooth aswell.

Then just as i was about to test it ingame, i realised something, the model replaces the entire body and is thus most likely hollow :ohmy:

So took a peek in geck and ingame, indeed quite wHOLEsome (overtired, makes me laugh easily :sleep:).

Tried a quick fix by changing EQ slot from upper body, hoping the t3m author fitted it properly, but didn't fit some noticable areas. :confused:

After checking out a few other nifs with skin showing i noticed that for those, the geck preview is showing the body mesh, in black, underneath.

So this is were i am and it's from here on i need some help with either info or other (if it turns out to be required).

First thing i did was look into blender but it's just not quite worth it, atleast to learn it good enough to manage this on my own, without a more specific guide.

So some questions,

1. Incase i've missunderstood this, what is the black body mesh shown in gecks nif preview on equipment showing skin?

2a. If it's part of the mesh/nif, is there some relatively easy way to add it?

2b. If it's not part of the nif, but some setting or flag in geck/nifskope, alas once again how to add it?

Long post short, what do i need to do in order to fix the giant see-through hole, created by transparent texturing.

//A Giant Thank You! for any info/guide/link or help.

it is worth it to learn blender, but anyway u could just nifskope it onto a naked body mesh and that might work unless the weights are all screwed up cause they could be cause u dont have to have it skinned as carefuly if u remove body geometrys that would normally be hidden under the armor. put in the right biped slot will probably work also but u gota remove the skin body part that is on the armor. This method is used on one mod i am aware of called tailor maid but that is all skinned properly in blender so it doesnt clip the body. so if the armor is bulky chances are u will have no need to use blender.

to anser the questions.

black body mesh in geck is the arms001 or whatever its called skin body part of the nif that u would want to remove, either to replace it with arms mesh that is wholesome in the gooder way. or the other way i mentioned.

check on nexus wiki for lots a tutorials about blendering and stuff.

good luck to u.

look at ur nif in nifskope and u will see some nodes and some are geometry ones and others are bone markers, the geometry ones have child nodes that have stuff like ur nialphaproperty. but one is called probably arms001 or something. and it is the one u can remove to get rid of the body that has holes in it.

biped slot is selected in the plugin so thats all in geck and it is what u probably meant when u said EQ slot. maybe they called em biped slots instead of eq slots to avoid confusion with inventory.

Thanks baduk xD i think i understand it better now, but i think my inital explanation might have been missleading.

NiTriStrips for geometry and NiNode for bone markers.

There is no arms001, there are various bone nodes(right word?) for the entire body.

The geometry nodes are:

MeatCap Limbs,Body

Pipboy On,Off

And StealhBody (main armor geometry).

The armor is on original biped slot "upperbody"

Now, i added nialphaproperty, in order to customize the texture to show certain areas as transparent. Wanting to be able to get the effect of seeing skin through the armor.

But when i did this, the result was i saw straight through (yea i got it ^_^ its empty).

I know the upperbody biped replaces the entire body and as i quick fix i tried changing biped to headband, but the armor is skin tight and didnt fit some areas and the left forearm plating (were the pipboy normally is) got removed/hidden (i use a pipboy remover), showing the characters bare arm.

As i've understood it so far (thanks for explaining some stuff)

There are two solutions.

1. The body mesh need to be added to the armor.

or

Tweak the geo to fit on a different biped slot and

2. Somehow remove the "remove left forearm plate for pipboy function" (something to do with Pipboy On,Off i can guess).

Thanks for helping me so far baduk :thumbsup: , If it's no problem i hope you can help me with either or both solution 1 and 2 :D

Hi.

I want u to do this with blender ok so make sure u got it all installed and stuff, that would be the blender 2.49b and ur nifscripts unless anythings been updated yet.

Sorry about the arms001 thing, I always thought u gota have a geometry node named arms something to appear in 1st person but maybe the game use skin info instead or something.

In blender u will be able to import nif and also import a body nif, u can use a vanilla body also u can import any modded bodys to make version for body mods.

delete the vertex groups from your imported nif cause ur gonna reskin it. use bone weight copy script to copy approximate values for each vertex group onto your nif then u can go in and remove the portions of the body that will be hidden underneath your armor to make it easy . There will be vertex groups created for animation and dismemberment and those infos will be exported onto bsdismembermentskininstance in the geometry nodes of ur nif.

If u want to check the skining u can import skeleton.nif with animation attached and run the animation to see if ur getting the good bone deformation. u can tweak with weight painting.

The specifics of each process u will probably find just in nexus wiki tho it will probably also take u an evening to get used to basics of blender interface also.

I know the upperbody biped replaces the entire body and as i quick fix i tried changing biped to headband, but the armor is skin tight and didnt fit some areas and the left forearm plating (were the pipboy normally is) got removed/hidden (i use a pipboy remover), showing the characters bare arm.

1. The body mesh need to be added to the armor.

or

Tweak the geo to fit on a different biped slot and

2. Somehow remove the "remove left forearm plate for pipboy function" (something to do with Pipboy On,Off i can guess).

OK in your option 1 u will have same problem as fixing biped slot. armor is too tight to fit body. Option 2 is for pipboys and i dont like pipboys so i never modded for em. but yeah u make a popboy on and pipboy off geometry node for the left arm.

For that u just import the pipboy mesh. separate a section of left arm of armor from main armor and name it pipboyoff and then duplicate it, cutt it off where it intersects with pipboy mesh and adjust it to appear to fit pipboy, delete pipboy mesh, call the cut version pipboyon. probly all there is to that.

Baduk, Thank You! for everything, i will try it, guess i might aswell try and learn basic blender.

Oh and btw i don't like the pipboy either. The pipboy is already there gotta remove it xD

Subete no tetsudai ni wa kansha shiteiru, hontou ni domo arigatou!

( :blush: hope it was correct, self taught)