Could I get some help on a new computer purchase?

Before I get to far into this, be aware that I do not know much about computer hardware at all. What I do know is that I am very overdue for a new computer and would appreciate some help in making a decision.

I think a prudent thing to do would be to list what it is I use this computer for. I use this for applications that are quite video intensive. I use various CAD aps that are quite demanding. For that reason a Titan video card to me seems like a good idea. As well - I am a casual gamer that enjoys ultra settings. I dont play as much as some, but I want it to look good when I do.

I do not really have a budget for this purchase. I have already placed a balance aside for it. The dollar amount is not a problem - as well I will be able to expense a percentage of this as an expense at work.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance. I need a monitor as well as a case so - that should be tossed into the mix. Be aware also that I live in Canada so that should be considered as well....

What would be your preferred form factor, mITX, mATX, ATX?

With mITX you're limited to one PCI lane so you can only do a single GPU, mATX usually allows up to 2 GPUs meaning you can crossfire/SLI, ATX is full sized, you can go anywhere from single to 4-way SLI, though I'd never go over 2 GPUs because you'll run into a lot of problems.

How heavy is your CAD work, would you say it's on a professional level?

I wouldn't recommend a Titan, they're really expensive and you're better off with a 780 or two, the 290x was just released and it does better than the 780 and Titan, especially at high resolutions. (The current state of the 290x though is that it is noisy and hot due to it only having a reference cooler at the moment, Asus, Gigabyte, and other companies will be doing their own non-reference cooler designs shortly.)

Are you planning on running more than 1 GPU (i.e.) Crossfire or SLI?

Are you looking to build your computer or having someone do it for you? If you're buying premade you're going to pay a fortune compared to what you'd pay building it yourself or having someone build the parts you bought.

Do you have any HDDs you're going to reuse?

Will you be using Windows 7 or 8? I'd recommend Windows 8, it boosts faster and is shown to have a minor increase FPS as well as having better core utilisation.

Edited by nukafish