Should I use Blender 3.2?

Guest deleted1354564

Guest deleted1354564

Hi, folks!

Does anyone know if it's a good idea do use Blender 3.2 to create meshes for Oblivion and other games? Does it need and have a NIF files plug-in?

I used to be decent at blender ten years ago and I'd like to get back to it. There are a few things I want to make for my Oblivion game. However, I can't make up my mind whether I should install the Blender version I used to have or the new one.

Yes. It does look different than any did previous 2.7 I think it was, that has the old UI. The new Blender is Fresh and the NIF tools gang made a new exporter. It seems it can only export solid collisions, so if you wanna edit bodies, weapons or stuff with havoc, you need to use Nisskope in the old fasion way. If you do not know what that way is, well we debate it right now at this thread: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/11791148-weapon-havoc-problem-help-would-be-appreciated/

Well I can always make a new and better tutorial but Braggis was happy with the one I made in that thread. NifSkope is always vital, specially the way it sanitize our meshes. I do that by auto as soon as I load a mesh to it, a setting you check in it.

I did test the latest Nif tools for Blender 2 days ago. It imports the meshes right and export them almost right, well at least all visual NitriShpes and NitriStrips. I do not know if it still merges every material into one single, which is very disturbing, and if it does, the old way is the way to solve it, with NifSkope.

Blender NifTools and also NifSkope

To get started with the new Blender and to get used to the new UI, make this sword. and I really hope you will like the new Blender as much as I do as I love it really. So much easier to work with and good looking even, with your favorite Theme. So many cool themes provided as well.

And most of all. Welcome back to the world of Creations. :D I was away 12 years myself. from 2008-2000, when I decided to make some stuff again. I did play Skyrim the first time 2011, and when CK came out, I was so damn pissed of all crashes and bugs in Skyrim, so I left it just a few days after CK was published 2012. I do not regret to restarted with Modding, 3D, 2D and whatever is needed really again. I have more ideas now than ever, which is odd... Oldies like me should not I heard, but I do not have a job now, which makes it easier really... :wink: I also learned to code OBSE properly and I love it really. By the way, Skyrim is extremely steady today, compared to 2011, but I play it 3 days a week and Oblivion 4 days. Morrowind? Played and modded it again 2019.

Edited by Pellape

Guest deleted1354564

I though I had replied this.

Thanks a bunch for all the tips! I was able to install the nif plug-in and import a few things. I haven't tried to export anything because I need to get acquainted with the program again. I want to create some stuff with havok and I'll need to check out that first link you shared. Right now, the main focus is to create new interiors for the Leyawiin houses.

Well, I must admit that I've been doing a few things here and there, specially with textures (I mean, creating paintings). May Akatosh bless the Nif Scope team.

Edited by sylar0712

Yes :D They are now blessed. ;)

I did tried to figure out how to make collisions yesterday with the new Blender, but failed completely. There is guides how to do it for Unreal Engine but no ones for Netimmerse and all guides points at NifSkope so that is the way to do it I guess. There is an 11 year old guide for collisions with Blender, but the new Blender handle collisions in a complete different way it seems. I did managed to make a collision with Niftools 0.03 for a container, but I did forgot how I made it. I guess it was imported from another mesh though, not made from scratch.

Do not resize collisions in Blender, as they will get corrupt, so do it in Nifskope.

If we import a havoc collision from a weapon to Blender, it will get static if we export it. Solid as rock. I tried that 5 days ago.

Edited by Pellape

Guest deleted1354564

I must admit that I got a bit upset with the nif tools on the new Blender and uninstalled everything and reinstalled the version 2.49B that I used to use. However, something is making the UI too light. I read that it's related to some update on my NVidia card and I'm afraid of changing it.

Anyway, on this page, they advise to use Blender 2.7+ for production work and Blender 2.49B for import and exports. I have to figure out how to have a second install for Blender, though, :laugh:. I'm a bit happier, though. I was able to open some old files and I found the old project for the houses in Leyawiin I was working on.

Also, just another update, I decided to take a course. I need some certificates for college, so I decided this attempt on Blender even more seriously. Let's see how much I'll be able to achieve. :happy:

Looking forward to seeing your stuff, too

Yes, my stuff is at my WIPs.
The Champions Merchandises: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/11354933-wip-the-stall-player-driven-shop-mod/
The Legacy of the Champion WIP: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/9160783-wip-the-companion-friendly-hobbit-home/
The Legacy of the Champion REL:

Also peek at my Painting Resource, I made around 2005 and I still use it. My home at the Legacy of the Champion is filled with paintings from that resource.

One item people seems to like is my coffee machine:

8 sided octagons, as they where made in Morrowind... ;)

51767771414_d3d10445ce_o.jpg

More of my items is found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/190495565@N08
My instrument blog is here and one day I might make these for real, when I get afford it, meanwhile this guitar have to do:

I also plan to educate myself in 3D, so I start High School (Gymnasia in Swedish, for grown ups) again, to get the grades up in 2 weeks. I will apply again to the Practical University in February for 2 years 3D and they have 4 different courses. The one I want to do, had 413 appliances for 32 seats. I miss 600 points, will do 400 points this autumn, 4 basic courses. Swedish, Chemistry, Biology and Society to start with, 100 points each. I already done all math, Technology (highest grade possible in that one), Physics, English, all computer courses for technicians and admins. So if I fail to get in to the Practical University, I will try to apply to Astronomy, which is an area I like a lot. Guess, who will play Starfield later.... :wink: I am also getting so old, that I might not get any loans in 2 years for studying, so I have to figure out a way to do it. I have to take one year in a time. I did work with Computer support 11 years and later Networking for 9 years, but no one wants to hire me now.

Also thanks for the advice on Blender 2.48b but I did figure out yesterday how to make Static collisions in Blender 2.9, well i never upgraded to 3.2 but I use 3.0 at my other comp. It does not matter for NIF. So which NifTools version is best to use with 2.48b, did they say so?

Blender gets installed in different folders as the version number also gets added to the top folder, at least for 2.8+ and I think I did install 2.8 2 years ago. Edited by Pellape