Mess Effect Bundle?

Lanceor

I noticed that the Mass Effect series is on sale on Steam this weekend and I was about to purchase them.

Mass effect 1 is $4.99, Mass Effect 2 is $4.99 but the Mass Effect Collection containing both of these games is $12.49. Is there anything in the Collection that is missing from buying the two games individually, or is it a pricing goofup by Steam?

It includes the Digital Deluxe version of Mass Effect 2. That's about $7.49 as opposed to the $4.99, all it includes is a few extra goodies, none of the DLC.

Specifically, here is the list from Steam:

Digital Deluxe Edition

• Collector Armor and Assault Rifle - Two bonus in-game items: advanced regeneration armor and a powerful enemy-shredding assault rifle.
  • Incisor Rifle - Bonus in-game weapon. Firing three shots with each pull of the trigger, the Incisor Rifle is designed to decimate shields.
  • Original Soundtrack - The Mass Effect 2 original soundtrack features 12 pieces spanning the entire Mass Effect 2 experience.
  • Digital Art Book* - The art book contains 48 pages of stunning full color artwork including captions from the Mass Effect 2 team.
  • Digital Mass Effect Redemption #1 comic* - Redemption follows Liara T’Soni’s dangerous mission to find Commander Shepard.
  • Documentary Video* - Featuring behind-the-scenes and making-of videos, the Mass Effect 2 documentary takes a look at how the game wasmade.

It includes the Digital Deluxe version of Mass Effect 2. That's about $7.49 as opposed to the $4.99, all it includes is a few extra goodies, none of the DLC.

Specifically, here is the list from Steam:

Digital Deluxe Edition

• Collector Armor and Assault Rifle - Two bonus in-game items: advanced regeneration armor and a powerful enemy-shredding assault rifle.
  • Incisor Rifle - Bonus in-game weapon. Firing three shots with each pull of the trigger, the Incisor Rifle is designed to decimate shields.
  • Original Soundtrack - The Mass Effect 2 original soundtrack features 12 pieces spanning the entire Mass Effect 2 experience.
  • Digital Art Book* - The art book contains 48 pages of stunning full color artwork including captions from the Mass Effect 2 team.
  • Digital Mass Effect Redemption #1 comic* - Redemption follows Liara T’Soni’s dangerous mission to find Commander Shepard.
  • Documentary Video* - Featuring behind-the-scenes and making-of videos, the Mass Effect 2 documentary takes a look at how the game wasmade.

I checked again and noticed that

- both the standard ME 2 and the Digital Deluxe Edition are $4.99.

- The ME Collection includes ME 2 Digital Deluxe Edition and not the standard one.

It's looking more and more like a pricing error.