skse_loader.exe disappeared ?

Bindiman

This same issue happened to me this morning, with Avast! being a regular c***. Was able to successfully re-download the SKSE launcher, install, and add the skse_launcher.exe to the exclusions list, but now my game is corrupted! I launch the game (in both SKSE and regular mode), I see the Bethesda Game Studios animation, then the application crashes to my desktop. Anybody having this happen to them? I am going to try to re-install the whole game and see if I can get this issue solved.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again AceGoober :). Sdl.dll is in Steam\bin alright, in Steam's directory I have an SDL2.dll but that could be because I'm running a French version of the game - Steam's working ok, and Skyrim too now that I have reinstalled Skse, so I guess Avast left my .dll alone.

Actually, when Avast played this trick on me, I was simultaneously struggling with resisting "missing bounds" navmeshes in the CK and TES5edit... It's been quite an interesting "gaming" day... ;).

Guys, I was having the same problem as well.

To fix this if you're desperate to go into Skyrim, turn off file system shield. Re-download Skse using the installer, turn the file system shield back on. Then finally, disconnect from the internet. This'll get you into skyrim.

If this is already mentioned as i quickly scanned through the thread, mods please delete if it's already mentioned.

What I did was to open up Avast!, go to "Real time shields" and then "file system shield". You should find your deleted skse loader there. Right-click it and choose restore. You can also send a report to Avast saying it's false-positive.

Not sure if it will delete it again later, if it does you will probably need to disable Avast and use another anti virus for the time being.

i love you, worked fine.

Edited by xDirtyxSkunkx

Avast! is probably cursing Bethesda for creating a game that has millions of followers who also happen to use Avast! Crazy stuff. Wonder how many people actually resorted to formatting to get rid of the "virus"

EDIT - I spoke with the Avast heathens a couple of hours ago and they were lollygagging.

If anyone hears for sure that they have fixed it, would you be so kind as to alert the community via this thread, please?

That way some of us can stop hunting for a new antivirus?

btw.. I was about to install a couple of Nexus mods...those are all deemed virus free, obviously, right?

Since I have forsaken my defenses in the Skyrim folder for the time being?

Edited by LoveMeSomeUlfric7