Wasteland Survival Guide Bug

darkus37

The auto-save doesn't work and neither does doing another quest. Going to a different area doesn't work. I realized I had a problem when I was exploring the BethesdaWorks area and found three moles. When I killed them and nothing happened, I figured that it might just be the area so I went to the Tepid Sewers and nothing changed. I still killed them, I resurrected and killed them, and nothing happened. I decided to go exploring in the meantime and wound up in Farragaut Station with more moles and they didn't work towards the count either. In the meantime I had finished Agath's quest and the Trouble in Big Town quest so I doubt that the problem will just fix itself. My last option is either to just forget it and move on - especially since it doesn't seem to count towards the ending, but I like to complete everything and was hoping that there was a way to move the quest past this point. I looked in the GECK, I found what looks like to be commands for this but I have no idea how to implement them. As for restarting the quest - I can't go to an earlier save because I had to delete them from that time frame to make hard drive space and the console commands restart the quest but don't reset it - Moira talks to me but doesn't suggest I help her with anything. Thanks for trying anyway.

have you tryed ResetQuest 00014E96 ? in console ??? hmmm i know do a test char and see if the quest works

Yes, I have tried ResetQuest in console - I mentioned earlier that the quest resets - the problem is that I can't start it again. Moira doesn't offer the quest again and it's entry is remove from the pip-boy.

• 5 months later...

Are you killing the mole rats with one swipe?

I found that I had this problem too, but I've played through the quest 5 times prior without problems, and then I encountered ths one. I found that as I was getting one hit kills it wasn't doing anything.

Try this line of code modav meleedamage -50

It'll kill the mole rats with two swipes using the repellant stick and is easy to reverse once the requisite amount of mole ats have been killed (modav meleedamage 50)

the molerat kill counts, when the molerat explodes.

so hit it once (it has to survive) and ignore it, 1-2 seconds later the head will explode and that counts as a confirmed kill.

cause thats the point of the repellant, it does not repell it makes em explode (which you know if you finished that quest stage before, it shows up in the dialogue options)

and there is enough molerats in the place, however make sure you kill the raiders fast, cause they kill molerats.

resurrecting dead molerats doesn't work, cause they are not using the same packages, meaning they won't explode if you hit em.

if you have checked every last corner and can't find anymore, do this:

go outside wait for 3 days go back inside you should find a few more.

but yes this quest is annoying if you have a high level and somewhat decent melee skills

if nothing else works, just lie to moira, you can still get the survival expert perk if you do all other optional tasks.

• 4 weeks later...

I had this exact same problem occur as well, Mole Rats being hit would smoke for a bit but would not explode or count towards the quest.

As far as I could figure it was either FOOK2, FWE 4.1.1 or MMM RC5 that made a change to the Repellent Stick, the Repellent Stick Effect, the Mole Rat creature, the Mole Rat faction or the scripts for MS03 (Wasteland Survival Guide) that stopped the MoleRat from exploding.

I was able to fix it by making a quick patch-mod, what I did was make a new mod with exact copies of the Repellent Stick, Repellent Stick Effect, Mole Rat Creature and the MS03 Rat scripts - saved the mod and added it to the bottom of my load-order. Loaded up my current game, spawned 10 Rats and sure enough 5 seconds after being hit their heads exploded and the quest was completed.

Once the quest was complete I deactivated the mod, won't need it again unless a new game is started and the bug shows up again.

Have attached the Patch-Mod I made to fix this problem for myself, hope it works for you :thumbsup:

• 8 months later...