Swine Flu

caramo_w007

Scientists from the California Research Center (CRC) have confirmed testing that Swine Flu, a recently emerging respiratory virus, is in fact deadly and transmittable. "This is the next pandemic, period," Scott Helmway, the research teams leader, has publicly declared. "We're estimating deaths in the billions, and that's just the beginning."

During my 2nd tour in iraq, we had to deal with ridding of about 130 or so dead bodies that had been sitting in the heat for over a few weeks. they made us wear NEST suits and claimed that the dead bodies may have produced an airborne virus which would explain why the neighboring towns were puking their guts out. truly one of the scariest things to do that didn't involve combat.

One of my worst fears is a massive virus wiping us all out.. and usually it's not as simple as just killing us... there is the cough,throat itch..serious sinus,skin decay, muscle and bone decay(ouch) gooification etc etc.. it is never something as simple as a few coughs and dropping over dead.. gotta love gods sense of humor.. he's a real funny guy lol

Scientists from the California Research Center (CRC) have confirmed testing that Swine Flu, a recently emerging respiratory virus, is in fact deadly and transmittable. "This is the next pandemic, period," Scott Helmway, the research teams leader, has publicly declared. "We're estimating deaths in the billions, and that's just the beginning."

Well so far the only other place I find this quote is your myspace page. Not even ATS has it.

So i ask, why would you do this?

I'm not participating in this whole debate, but this new strain of Influenza has me scared shitless. Sorry for harsh words, but I am. Especially since the disease has been found in Texas and Kansas. There's a huge gap there, completely avoiding Oklahoma (That's where I live).

I just dont want to be one of the people cursed with this new bacteria, since I have nothing for health insurance.

I'm not participating in this whole debate, but this new strain of Influenza has me scared shitless. Sorry for harsh words, but I am. Especially since the disease has been found in Texas and Kansas. There's a huge gap there, completely avoiding Oklahoma (That's where I live).

I just dont want to be one of the people cursed with this new bacteria, since I have nothing for health insurance.

Well for the disease to be transmitted there, people actually have to want to go there.

Sorry, sorry, sorry. It was a cheap shot that I couldn't resisist.

It's a totally baseless claim. Sorry.

Seriously though. With air travel, geography is meaningless.

It can hit anywhere there is an airport.

It's a good thing this hit AFTER spring break.

...this new strain of Influenza has me scared shitless.

You shouldn't be. As far as world-ending pandemics go, this is nothing. With summer on the way, the virus's spread will be limited. By fall, when infections would have the potential to pick up again, the disease control people will have had time to make whatever preparations are needed (vaccination campaigns, building stockpiles of antiviral medications, &c.). Not that they even need it, given that many places still have in place preparations made for the last big flu scare. (Do people even remember avian flu?)

With air travel, geography is meaningless. It can hit anywhere there is an airport.

Except Madagascar. That place is freaking untouchable.

What you are hearing from the news is the typical panic response. They have to have something to put in the headlines to scare you into reading their over hyped reports of disaster. If the governments were really worried about a 'pandemic' they should shut down travel to all SUSPECTED sources of the disease. In essence - quarantine them. Isolate the problem until a solution is found.

On the other hand, if this is for real (not likely)

Of course we can't quarantine entire regions of Mexico, or any other country where it shows up. That would cause undue hardship on the airlines, they might loose another million dollars or so. Better we allow the airlines to keep flying infected people, having a million or so deaths world wide is obviously preferable to having to cut the bonuses of the airline board of directors. Instead we will cover it up, then nobody will know about it.

What you are hearing from the news is the typical panic response. They have to have something to put in the headlines to scare you into reading their over hyped reports of disaster. If the governments were really worried about a 'pandemic' they should shut down travel to all SUSPECTED sources of the disease. In essence - quarantine them. Isolate the problem until a solution is found.

On the other hand, if this is for real (not likely)

Of course we can't quarantine entire regions of Mexico, or any other country where it shows up. That would cause undue hardship on the airlines, they might loose another million dollars or so. Better we allow the airlines to keep flying infected people, having a million or so deaths world wide is obviously preferable to having to cut the bonuses of the airline board of directors. Instead we will cover it up, then nobody will know about it.

Talking of airlines, in the same news bulletin they spoke to people getting off the planes who were amazed that no checks were being done before they were allowed to disembark. Apparently all that happened was someone came on board and asked anyone feeling ill to go to the front of the plane, they made no attempt to check anyone and took them at their word. If this was as bad as some of the hysterical reporting makes out then they'd be doing more than that.