Need help editing Included audio files that are locked behind .bnk files

TheWideMurloc

I've been following this video tutorial to try and change the sound file I wanna change: https://youtu.be/bxc40UDmaAg

Every other method I've tried for changing audio files that are included in bnks seems to be busted, but the audio file IDs for the sound files in the soundMod's extracted .stream files dont line up with the ones listed in the xml file for the respective bnk. As a result, while trying to replace something in NMS_AUDIO_PERSISTENT, I can't find out which file ID i need to add the replacement filename to in the data.txt. Does anyone have a method for Identifying this?

Alternatively, is there a method for unpacking, changing, and repacking BNK files for NMS that works today?

• 3 weeks later...

I got the video's method to work. Since it wants you to check the file sizes to compare and know what to replace, i was at a bottleneck since the bnk compiler wouldn't work for me...issue was that I didn't have the older version of .net framework required to run it, so I was able to get all the included sound files replaced successfully...HOWEVER I now have another issue

With the hard part out of the way, I went to go replace some streamed sound files which seemed easier to accomplish. Yeah, apparently not. Having followed all the steps correctly (Identify the correct sound file names, convert new sounds to WEM, rename files to the corresponding sound file names, arrange in correct folders, repack folder) but when I put the newly created pak in my mods folder, only the included sounds are replaced, and not the streamed sounds. Anyone know whats up? has anyone else had trouble replacing streamed sounds lately?

Specifically, I'm trying to replace the sounds for the Infraknife Accelerator firing (this was the included file set and is now finished) and the Cyclotron Ballista firing (this is the streamed sound file set that doesn't seem to be getting properly replaced)

Edit: Fix found

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyMods/comments/xb4p84/unable_to_replace_streamed_audio_files/

Edited by mauskal