Quonset huts erector set

pepperman35

I wonder why we see no Quonset huts in the game. Logically, adapting Quonset huts after the great-war would fit with the game lore. Quonset huts were designed to provide housing, work and storage units of a more lasting nature than tents, but less expensive than permanent construction. Plus, they could be easily erected by unskilled labor. Perhaps someone modder might consider making a Quonset erection kit. I could envision a camp with series of Quonset huts filling the roles of quarters, galley, infirmary, sanitation (showers and latrine), generator, communications, etc.

I made one ages ago and I'll be including it in my next mod. Right now I'm working on one last project to include in the collection, but I imagine I'll be ready to release the mod in the next several weeks.

As far as the quonset itself goes, it's a prefab with no real add-on functionality other than a custom door which when attached, adds interior and exterior lights, which the player can turn on/off. It has plenty of room for adding furniture and whatnot. I've also included a vanilla bed and foot locker with added snap points which correspond to snap points built into the quonset nif, which makes placing them in neat, military fashion a LOT easier. A rough estimate on size is 2.5 generic floor units wide by about 4.5 units long and it's a little over one generic wall unit high.

Edited by ChuckYufarley

Inspired by ChuckYufarley’s work, I thought I’d take a stab at making a WWII style Quonset hut. It remains a work in progress. Front windows and Exhaust fan/louver assembly will be the next items to work on. also, will probably look at a couple variation on the front door (e.g., swing out, slide open, and amybe garage style). Artistic liberty applied with the camo schema.

66717096-1662219399.png

Edited by pepperman35

• 2 weeks later...