Modding issues and incompatibility. Plz help

AvidD1990

Hey everyone, I just recently got back into play TESO and have been trying to get the game setup to my standards, but have been running into too many scenarios of mods conflicting with each other. All I'm really trying to do is...

Goals:

1. Overhual ALL NPC's to have the highest / best resolutions and textures

2. Completely overhaul races inclusing the addition of Cute Elf, High Elf, and similar race add-on's to feature high resolution body and face textures and be compatible with a equally asthetically pleasing hair/eye pack.

HGEC seems to be perfect at accomplishing this goal... however, I can never seem to get any High Res textures to successfully work.

I like my characters to look as realistic as possible and have a "real-life" feel when in game, so I prefer running nude mod textures.

I'm really not asking for much here, but it seems like none of the BEST mods out there to accomplish my goals WORK together.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Some mods that add new races require OBSE, so double check for that.
Also, avoid using more than one visual mod that affects a certain texture. I.E, one mod might completely overhaul both grass and water textures, and you might have it coupled with another mod that overhauls water textures, too.

I have Wyre Bash, OBSE and am running on the latest update with KOTN and SI installed. I've noticed that when trying to run a high res texture update on mods like HGEC. It shows the compatibility error in OMM based on simply having multiple of the same texture, and asking to overwrite the old with the new. Which to me, replacing a low-res texture file with a new one shouldn't be an issue if all other updated textures are being set in place as well. textures, esm.'s and esp.'s, OMOD ready mods have all been installed correctly and in order. In the end I always end up with half of it all working and not everything working together. So I replace my directory with a saved "raw" back-up and start again. I'm just running out of ideas and ways to approach this

Edited by AvidD1990

Make sure you have BSA Redirection selected as your method of archive invalidation.

When it come to replacers (either textures or meshes) install order is very important (unless you are using BAIN, in which case WB will give you the chance to select which conflicting resource 'wins' the conflict).

• 4 weeks later...