uhhhh

jackpack

been adding some items from other ppls mods into mine "permition granted" but every time i load it to do some more i get errors & everything is gone again.

i remember seing a u-tube vid showing you how to add them to your objects & use them that way but after searching for ages im was thinking about abandoning it & give the mod sofar to someone else.

can anyone give me a tutorial on how to add the items to my objects so i can get them into my mod?

i have things like

AlienV01

SeburoMn23

Tesla Sword

thanx.

just ading to this to get it back up for ppl to see?

it aint easy for noobs to pick this up & we all need to learn. iv spent the last 6days watching tutorials & iv read almost every comment on this site about modding & iv still not anyware near getting other ppls creations into my mod :(.

if anyone knows a tutorial then post the link please? or tell me how to get things into my mod?

i know its posable because everyone else is doing it?.

If you load the Fallout.esm, another mod's .esp and your own .esp it will look like everything from the other mod is available to you. If later you only load the fallout.esm and your own mod, the content from the other mod is no longer available unless you have copied any nifs and textures from it into directories under your own mod's folder, created or copied their texturesets with links to your own directories, changed the copied nifs to link textures to your directories, etc., etc.

There are tutorials out there. Your post languished because few ppl are willing to recreate them. If certain subjects seem to be missing from the GECK site, try Oblivion sites.

Much of the information is directly compatible.

You can:

a) merge mods

or

2) make your mod dependent on the other people's mod.

The later is better if you plan on keeping compatibility with future versions of the other mods without too much hazle.

number a) means using fo3plugin/tesnip/fo3edit to merge the mods, the first is automated, the later two consist on copy-pasting.

letter 2) means using fo3edit to flag the mod as a "master", now the geck can list it as master without trouble, Once the editing is complete, you can (and should) remove the master flag. (fallout doesn't give a flying ()*&( about that flag when considering masters, only the geck gets whiny).

well guy hears what iv learned tonight.

get FO3Edit & follow my instructions. ill also post this in the tutorials for safe keeping :thumbsup:

Open the mods you want to extract from & the mod you want to put it in useing FO3Edit.

Once fully loaded, R-Click your mod in the left panel and select "Compare To..."

Navigate to the Mod you want to extract from and select it

In the right panel, Messages tab, look for any warnings which will indicate a struggle(s) for form ID(s)

If you get warnings about overriden forms, you must R-Click the entries in Mod B and "Change Form ID" such that the first two characters aren't altered, yet the Form ID is brand new (black and white)

If/when prompted after changing form ID's, update only the references in Mod B

After changing Form ID's, quit and save, then load Mod A again, "Compare To..." Mod B, and double check for any warnings in the "Messages" tab of the right panel

If/Once all Form ID's in Mod B are not conflicting with different entried from Mod A, highlight as many entries as you can and R-Click, then "Copy as override into" and select Mod A

Repeat until all records in Mod B are also within Mod A

save your file.

gl

• 3 weeks later...

A thought....

Last night I wanted to make a copy of a placeable water object and make changes to it. But I didnt know how. I searched Google and found out how. I changed the FormID and it basically allowed me to save it as a new object.

This made me think, could I load into geck.... fallout.esm , my mod, and a clothing mod. Navigate to the custom clothing in the other mod, edit, change the FormID, save as new object. Save my mod.

If I did what I discribed, and then reloaded Geck with just fallout.esm and my mod, would the copied clothing (minus the meshes and textures) be in my mod now?

This made me think, could I load into geck.... fallout.esm , my mod, and a clothing mod. Navigate to the custom clothing in the other mod, edit, change the FormID, save as new object. Save my mod.

If I did what I discribed, and then reloaded Geck with just fallout.esm and my mod, would the copied clothing (minus the meshes and textures) be in my mod now?

makes me think why youv not tryed it as itll take 2minutes max?

makes me think why youv not tryed it as itll take 2minutes max?

I just did it ... Took me a while cause I had to access my home computer from work. Was a bit slow. It worked ...

I opend the fallout.esm, my mod (active), and a Type 3 clothing mod in Geck. I went to the Trish Black item , right clicked and chose edit. I changed the ID and clicked OK. A popup asked if I wanted to save as a new object and I said yes. I then opend just fallout3.esm and my mod (active). The new clothing item was there... I copied an NPC in the same manner as the clothing, emptied their inventory, added the clothing piece i copied before and drug the NPC to the render window... TADA! the NPC was there with the clothing on from another persons mod.

Now when I publish my mod, I will just have to make sure to give credit.

Archived